|Titles||Goddess of Illusions |
The Seventh Veil
|Realm||Sivanah's Realm, Maelstrom|
|Areas of Concern||Illusions |
|Cleric Alignments (1E)|
|Domains (1E)||Knowledge, Madness, Magic, Rune, Trickery|
|Subdomains (1E)||Deception, Insanity, Memory, Protean, Thought, Wards|
|Cleric Alignments (2E)|
|Domains (2E)||Delirium,magic, secrecy, trickery|
|Favored Weapon||Bladed scarf|
|Symbol||Veils tied in circle|
|Images of Sivanah|
Source: Inner Sea Faiths, pg(s). 82-87 (1E)
Gods & Magic, pg(s). 69 (2E)
Sivanah (pronounced siv-AHN-ah) is the patron goddess of illusion magic, tricksters, and those who keep secrets. She is also known as the "Seventh Veil", a name taken from the clothing she is most often depicted wearing. Her holy symbol is a circle made of six dull-colored veils tied end-to-end.
|This page is a stub. You can help us by expanding it.|
Sivanah's true form is disguised behind her seven veils, each of which is tied to a race: (human, elf, halfling, gnome, aranea, and naga). Her true form is said to be that of a member of a seventh, unknown race, but she always appears as female. She can appear as any of these races while wearing the appropriate veil.
Sivanah's ultimate goals are only known to the goddess. This concealment might be a reason why her faith has not grown more.
The goddess communicates with her faithful through mirrors, reflections in water, and sometimes even through their own shadows.
The goddess makes her home in the most unlikely of places: the Maelstrom. Sivanah's Realm is extremely difficult to find, appearing in no fixed place, yet can always be recognized by its abundance of mirrored surfaces. Sivanah protects her realm in this way from the native proteans, who bear her much ill will. The exact origin behind this conflict is not known, although there are many speculations, including that Sivanah once stole something from them, or that she once was a keketar, risen demon, or fallen azata.
Sivanah has a rivalry with Zon-Kuthon as she loathes the dark god’s corruption of shadows and sometime uses her influence to cause darkness to act unexpectedly for Zon-Kuthons clerics. Sivanah also has an incomprehensible interest in the false-god Razmir. Her followers, most often veiled witches from Irrisen, are her most commonly utilised emissaries to Razmiran.
Church of Sivanah
The worship of Sivanah is popular in the countries of Nex, Irrisen, and in the cities of Katapesh, while it is strictly prohibited in Nidal, due to a ban by the country's clerics of Zon-Kuthon. She is also widely worshiped among the illusionists and gnomes of Golarion, who appreciate her devotion to their favorite school of magic. Devout illusionists who follow her have been known to be able to mimic divine healing magic by use of their shadow conjuration spells.
Worshipers of the goddess celebrate a general holiday called Seven Veils, on either 7 or 23 Neth, as one of their most sacred of days. What rituals the church of Sivanah performs on this date, however, are unknown to outsiders, for the cult enjoys its secrets. This secrecy has, unsurprisingly, given rise to all manner of sinister rumours, yet when Seven Veils rolls around each year, its eager participants are quick to set aside rumour in preference for the night's fun and games. The festivities include comic performances, jokes, illusions, and multi-racial masquerade balls.
Paizo published a major article about Sivanah in Inner Sea Faiths.
For additional resources, see the Meta page.
- ↑ The Campaign Setting introduced Sivhana as a variant spelling of this goddess' name but also included Sivanah. Paizo has more recently been consistent in spelling the name Sivanah, and this wiki follows that lead.
- ↑ Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 247. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 172. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 James Jacobs et al. (2011). The Inner Sea World Guide, p. 230. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-269-2
- ↑ Amber Stewart. (2009). The Great Beyond: A Guide to the Multiverse, p. 45. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-167-1
- ↑ Paizo staff. (2020). Gods & Magic, p. 69. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-202-0
- ↑ Jessica Price. (2016). Sivanah. Inner Sea Faiths, p. 87. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-825-0
- ↑ Brian Cortijo et al. (2009). Legacy of Fire Player's Guide, p. 25. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-168-8
- ↑ Sean K Reynolds. (2008). Gods and Magic, p. 47. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-139-8
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Robert Brookes et al. (2016). Inner Sea Faiths, p. 85–86. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-825-0. This source cites 7 Neth, while The Inner Sea World Guide and Campaign Setting cite 23 Neth.
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 James Jacobs et al. (2011). The Inner Sea World Guide, p. 248. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-269-2
- ↑ Mike Brock & James Jacobs. (21 November 2011). Seven Veils Celebration, Paizo Blog.