|Titles||The Stag Lord|
The Horned Lord
|Areas of Concern||Fertility|
|Worshipers||Elven fighters and rogues,|
Druids and rangers
|Edicts||Protect forests and other natural areas, advocate for animals and plants, take and commit to decisive actions|
|Anathema||Fail to strike down evil, enable the destruction of wilderness, needlessly kill animals|
|Cleric Alignments (1E)|
|Domains (1E)||Animal, Chaos, Good, Plant|
|Subdomains (1E)||Azata, Feather, Fur, Growth|
|Cleric Alignments (2E)|
|Domains (2E)||Lightning, nature, passion, zeal|
|Symbol||Stag with jeweled antlers|
|Sacred Colors||Brown, green|
Source: Chronicle of the Righteous, pg(s). 541E
Lost Omens Gods & Magic, pg(s). 128f.
(azata, chaotic, extraplanar, good)
|Environment||Any forest or plain (Elysium)|
Source: Bestiary 4, pg(s). 88
Cernunnos is a mercurial azata empyreal lord who embodies the wild and primeval force of nature. He stealthily ventures through the forests of the Great Beyond, favouring decisive action to fight off the tide of evil. The Stag Lord aims to set right natural balances that are out of kilter and indulge in his passions.
Though he rarely makes a rash decision, Cernunnos will sometimes let his anger overcome him, declare a personal vendetta against specific demon lords or archdevils, and descend into Hell or the Abyss to exact revenge on them. He sometimes comes into conflict with Korada, despite agreeing with him that even the most evil fiends can find redemption, as Cernunnos believes that giving them time to do so will result in many lost lives.
Church of Cernunnos
Knowing that he is still one person despite his power, Cernunnos trains commanders and emissaries to fight evil in both the Material Plane and the First World. The faithful of Cernunnos are mainly intelligent plant creatures, fey, and mortal rangers and druids. Elves view him as patron of luck, while others pray to him for strength. Hidden groves, waterfalls, and deep forests are sacred to Cernunnos.
For additional resources, see the Meta page.
- Jason Bulmahn. (2009). Bestiary (First Edition), p. 23. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-183-1
- Amber Scott. (2013). Chronicle of the Righteous, p. 54. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-506-8
- Dennis Baker et al. (2013). Bestiary 4, p. 89. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-575-4
- Dennis Baker et al. (2013). Bestiary 4, p. 88. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-575-4
- Paizo staff. (2020). Gods & Magic, p. 22. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-202-0
- Cernunnos (real-world deity) on Wikipedia