|Titles||Master of Black Wings|
Lord of Stolen Blood
The Hungry Dark
|Realm||Argahoz, the Abyss|
House of the Bat, Xibalba
|Areas of Concern||Bats|
|Cleric Alignments (1E)|
|Domains (1E)||Animal, Chaos, Darkness, Evil, Trickery|
|Subdomains (1E)||Deception, Demon, Fear, Fur, Moon, Night|
|Sacred Colors||Black, red|
|Images of Camazotz|
The obscure god Camazotz appears as an enormous and terrifying man-like bat that takes delight in hunting mortals during the darkness. An ancient and obscure deity, Camazotz shows little real interest in the affairs of his mortal followers except to receive offerings and sacrifices. He expects fanaticism from his followers, and perceives failure as weakness.
Camazotz dwells in three different places in both Golarion and the Great Beyond. The first is the Abyssal realm of Argahoz, a cavernous realm dominated by an enormous pit. The second is the Land of the Eleven Deaths, a Darklands realm beneath the distant continent of Arcadia; while the third is the House of the Bat in the realm of death, Xibalba.
Cults of Camazotz
Mortal worshipers of Camazotz strive to subvert the trappings and comforts of civilization and spread fear. Ceremonies to the Hungry Dark always involve blood sacrifices, preferably drawn by the fangs of living creatures, which are fed to statues of Camazotz.
- Liz Courts. (2009). Infestation. Descent into Midnight, p. 67. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-131-2
- Liz Courts. (2009). Infestation. Descent into Midnight, p. 65. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-131-2
- James Jacobs. (2010). Lords of Chaos, p. 31. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-250-0
- James Jacobs. (2010). Lords of Chaos, p. 40. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-250-0
- Robert Brookes et al. (2018). Planar Adventures, p. 219. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-044-6