|Author(s)||Erik Mona et al.|
|Publisher||Paizo Publishing, LLC|
|Rules set||D&D 3.5|
|Follows||Curse of the Crimson Throne Map Folio|
|Precedes||Gods and Magic|
|Awards||– Best Setting (2009)|
|Artwork from Campaign Setting|
- For other meanings of "Pathfinder campaign setting", please see Pathfinder campaign setting (disambiguation).
Pathfinder Chronicles Campaign Setting, a sourcebook by nearly forty of the world's most popular RPG game designers, was released in August 2008. The book won the gold ENnie Award for Best Setting in August 2009.
|“||The Best of All Possible WorldsDiscover within this weighty, full-color tome the world of Golarion, home of the Pathfinder Chronicles campaign setting. A time of lost prophecies grips the world, bringing with it an unending maelstrom, a tear in the fabric of reality, a surge of diabolism, and the endless threat of war. Yet all is not lost, for these dark times provide ample opportunity for adventure and untold heroism.
Inside this exciting and informative tome you will find:
|“||Editor Mike McArtor assembled one of the most impressive author lists I've ever seen in my time as a game publisher, author, and player. From the dawn of tabletop gaming to the rising stars of today, this list has it covered. It's a privilege to see such an honor roll take on the development of a world I co-created.||”|
|— Paizo's Publisher, Erik Mona|
While no specific credits are given for the individual sections of the Campaign Setting, the following authors are credited for the book as a whole:
1. Characters (4)
2. The Inner Sea (52)
- An extensive overview of the nations of the Inner Sea region and beyond.
3. Religion (158)
- Detailed writeups on all twenty of the major deities as well as a plethora of newly introduced minor deities. This section also includes an examination of the Great Beyond—the planes of the Pathfinder Chronicles campaign setting.
4. Organizations (186)
- Major and minor organizations that keep Golarion running.
5. The World (198)
- This extensive chapter offers information on the history of Golarion, specific equipment, feats, four new and one reprinted prestige classes, and much more to make the world come to life in any campaign.
- Four appendices provide information on everything from pronunciation of common names to wandering monster charts.
- Eando Kline (#4-24 The Price of Friendship; #5-07 Port Godless; #1-01 The Absalom Initiation; #1-07 Flooded King's Court; #2-03 Catastrophe's Spark; The Compass Stone; Vaults of Madness; The Thousand Fangs Below; Sanctum of the Serpent God; Campaign Setting; Character Guide; Pathfinder Society Guide)
- Paizo Publishing, LLC. (June 23, 2008). Paizo Publishing Announces Complete Author List for the Pathfinder Chronicles Campaign Setting Hardcover, Paizo News.