Old Korvosa is the oldest part of the Varisian city of Korvosa. It covers all of Endrin Isle, which rises from sea level in the estuary mouth of the Jeggare River to a 200-foot-high escarpment on the seaward north side. At the foot of Garrison Hill, as this steep incline is called, sits the poverty-stricken, and collapsing ward of Bridgefront. Old Dock stands on the relatively flat eastern protrusion of the island. Atop Garrison Hill stands the stone wall of Fort Korvosa, completed in 4438 AR. The imposing black-marble Palace Arkona dominates Old Korvosa. The remains of the original wooden palisade slowly rot, like much of the rest of the ward, near the gate into the district.1
Places of interest
- Palace Arkona - An enormous mansion that houses Old Korvosa's ruling family, House Arkona.
- Old City Hall - Also called the Charcoal Palace, was the previous city hall of Old Korvosa.
- Orisini Academy- Sword school that is mostly enrolled by noble houses of the city.
- Endrin Military Academy - Barracks for Fort Korvosa's Korvosan Guards and Sable Company trainees.
- Reefclaw Run Market - Main seafood market on the Old Dock.
- Sticky Mermaid - A tavern that infamously serves a drink called Fishjack.
- Jeggare's Jug - A tavern named after Montlarion Jeggare.
- Copper-Beater Hall - A manufacturer of copper-based goods.
- Eel's End - Five permanently docked ships used as a dubious establishment and help restrict access to the Narrows of Saint Alika on Old Korvosa.
- Exemplary Execrables - An old temple of Aroden turned into a gaudy and macabre theatre.
- Temple of Aroden - A crumbling temple to the god of humanity.
- The Travelling Man - A tavern with its main attraction being its proximity to an otyugh plug used in the city.
- Hessim, Newby, and Sage Paint Manufactory - Main manufacturer and retailer for paints in Old Korvosa.
- The Ironworks - One of the largest buildings in Old Korvosa and an iron recycling factory.
For additional as-yet unincorporated sources about this subject, see the Meta page.