The Ashwood is a large Varisian forest bounded to the west by the Skull River, to the north by the sheer face of the Storval Rise, and to the south by Lake Syrantula. It also forms the western border of the domain claimed by the city-state of Korvosa. It has one of the darkest reputations of any woodland in Varisia, and is said to be haunted by ghosts and werewolves, including the ghost of a werewolf named Loper. Because of this, the Church of Erastil patrols the borders of the forest regularly to make sure that none of these terrors can escape to torment the neighboring towns and hamlets. The Ashwood is bordered to its west by the Kreegwood and Claybottom Lake, upon whose shores lies the small town of Turtleback Ferry.
For additional resources, see the Meta page.
- ↑ Wolfgang Baur. (2007). Fortress of the Stone Giants. Fortress of the Stone Giants, p. 19. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-039-1
- ↑ Mike McArtor. (2008). Guide to Korvosa, p. 7. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-078-0
- ↑ James Jacobs. (January 16, 2013). >>Ask *James Jacobs* ALL your Questions Here!<<, paizo.com.
- ↑ James L. Sutter. (2007). Varisia. The Hook Mountain Massacre, p. 61. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-038-4
- ↑ Adam Daigle and James L. Sutter. (2012). Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition Player's Guide, p. 6. Paizo Publishing, LLC.
- ↑ Nicolas Logue. (2007). The Hook Mountain Massacre. The Hook Mountain Massacre, p. 10. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-038-4