The northeastern half of Varisia is a landscape starkly contrasted to the rest of the region. Atop the thousand-foot-high Storval Rise rests the arid and desolate Storval Plateau. Much less populated and hospitable than the lush, fertile lowlands to the south and west, the Storval Plateau nonetheless provides a home to several tribes of nomadic Shoanti, as well as a large population of giants and varying wildlife. The hellish Cinderlands are perhaps the most well-known of the Plateau's features, but it contains a number of other dangers and mysteries including the Storval Deep, Lake Skotha, Guiltspur and the Mobhad Leigh. The only permanent settlements of note in the entirety of the Plateau are the orc city of Urglin, located in the northern reaches of the Cinderlands; and Kaer Maga, which sits precariously on the edge of the Storval Rise at the Yondabakari River.
- James L. Sutter. (2007). Varisia. The Hook Mountain Massacre, p. 68. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-038-4
- Adam Daigle and James L. Sutter. (2012). Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition Player's Guide, p. 13. Paizo Publishing, LLC.
- James L. Sutter. (2007). Varisia. The Hook Mountain Massacre, p. 62. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-038-4
- James Jacobs et al. (2011). The Inner Sea World Guide, p. 197. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-269-2
- Logan Bonner, et al. (2021). Bestiary 3 (Second Edition), p. 183. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-312-6