|Demographics||Predominantly Gnome & Human|
|Ruler||Magistrate Adagre Bagalom|
Source: Terror at Whistledown, pg(s). 5
The town of Whistledown is one of the few settlements in Varisia not affiliated with either Korvosa or Magnimar, though it is located almost exactly halfway between the two larger cities. Founded at the western edge of the Fenwall Mountains, where Lake Syrantula flows back into the Yondabakari River, the town is known primarily as the heart of the gnome population in Varisia, despite the fact that it contains just as many humans as gnomes. Nevertheless, much of the town's buildings and its white-walled cottages are sized for gnomes. Its name derives from the strange wooden charms which produce haunting melodies in the night winds off the lake, and this nightly music tends to put off most non-gnome visitors.
Whistledown is a common resting spot on the Dry Way for merchants and caravans. Its most renowned export is fine quality musical instruments, made by some of the finest artisans in Avistan.
Places of interest
- See also: Category:Whistledown/Locations
- The Azure Cup: A well-known inn in Whistledown sized for humans.
- Thagin's Rest: A local inn.
- ↑ James L. Sutter. (2007). Varisia. The Hook Mountain Massacre, p. 69. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-038-4
- ↑ Adam Daigle and James L. Sutter. (2012). Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition Player's Guide, p. 14. Paizo Publishing, LLC.
- ↑ Colin McComb et al. (2010). Gnomes of Golarion, p. 21. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-223-4
- ↑ Jason Bulmahn. (2007). The Journey Begins (Pathfinder's Journal). The Skinsaw Murders, p. 81. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-037-7
- ↑ Hank Woon. (2010). Terror at Whistledown, p. 5. Paizo Publishing, LLC.