Skull's Crossing is the name of the massive arched dam that holds back the waters of the Storval Deep, releasing a steady stream into the Skull River. Located in central Varisia it is an ancient ruin from the Thassilonian era over 10,000 years ago.
Skull's Crossing was the final great work of engineering completed by the enslaved giants of the Runelord Karzoug. Most of the stone quarried to build the many monuments and cities all over the Thassilonian empire was taken from a single gigantic quarry on what is now the Storval Plateau. When this source was finally played out, Karzoug decided to do away with such a hideous eyesore, and had the dam built. That way the water of the river would cover the huge empty hole, and ordered that the dam be decorated by one of his favorite symbols, the human skull. These skulls have jaws that may be opened and closed by ancient machinery inside the dam, though this mechanism has not been used for centuries.
|This page is a stub. You can help us by expanding it.|
- ↑ James L. Sutter. (2007). Varisia. The Hook Mountain Massacre, p. 62. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-038-4
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Nicolas Logue. (2007). The Hook Mountain Massacre. The Hook Mountain Massacre, p. 40. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-038-4
- ↑ Adam Daigle and James L. Sutter. (2012). Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition Player's Guide, p. 12. Paizo Publishing, LLC.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 F. Wesley Schneider and James L. Sutter. (2017). Runescars 5, p. Appendix. Dynamite Entertainment.
- ↑ Rob McCreary. (2013). Runelords of Thassilon. The Dead Heart of Xin, p. 71. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-491-7