This page contains spoilers for the following products: The City Outside of Time.
You can disable this banner in your personal preferences.
|Titles||The City Outside of Time|
|Description||Demiplane within the Dimension of Time|
|Images of Crystilan|
Source: The City Outside of Time, pg(s). 29
Crystilan is a perfectly spherical demiplane which has kept the Thassilonian city of Xin-Edasseril trapped outside of time for more than ten millennia, since Earthfall. Located on Peridot Isle in the Steaming Sea, it is one of the most well-known Thassilonian ruins in Varisia. The crystal sparkles in the sunlight, making it easily visible for miles.
Scholars have long traveled there to study what can be gleaned of Thassilonian culture and copy the writing found on its many buildings. It is impossible to dig through the crystal, magically teleport, or call outsiders into the city.
After he awakened, Runelord Xanderghul devised an occult ritual which opens a portal from White Death's Diadem, in the realm of Frozen Tears in the Shadow Plane, to Crystilan.
Paizo has set an adventure in the Return of the Runelords Adventure Path, The City Outside of Time, in Crystilan, and published a map of the city in the Return of the Runelords Poster Map Folio.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Amanda Hamon Kunz. (2018). The City Outside of Time. The City Outside of Time, p. 29. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-098-9
- ↑ Rob Lazzaretti. (2011). Inner Sea Poster Map Folio, p. 1. Paizo Publishing, LLC.
- ↑ James L. Sutter. (2007). Varisia. The Hook Mountain Massacre, p. 63. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-038-4
- ↑ Adam Daigle and James L. Sutter. (2012). Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition Player's Guide, p. 7. Paizo Publishing, LLC.
- ↑ F. Wesley Schneider and James L. Sutter. (2017). Runescars 5, p. Appendix. Dynamite Entertainment.
- ↑ Amanda Hamon Kunz. (2018). The City Outside of Time. The City Outside of Time, p. 6. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-098-9