- This article covers the mountain on Rivenrake Island. For the comic book series, see Hollow Mountain comics.
Hollow Mountain is among the highest peaks of Rivenrake Island in the Varisian Gulf. It boasts one of the most intriguing Thassilonian ruins in Varisia. Near the summit of the mountain, an enormous carving of a woman's face looks sternly towards the south, half of her visage rent away by an ancient apocalypse; she looks over the ruins of the bridge that, in ancient times, spanned from Rivenrake to Argavist Island. Exposed underneath, the onlooker can see that countless corridors and rooms must honeycomb the entire mountain.
At its foot, lie the aged ruins of what some scholars believe to be the city of Xin-Bakrakhan, the Thassilonian City of Wrath, and once the capital of the domain of Bakrakhan. These ruins are said to be one of the few remnants of this mountainous realm which disappeared into the Varisian Gulf following the destruction of the empire in -5293 AR. The split face near the summit is conjectured to be that of Runelord Alaznist herself.
Hollow Mountain was built with the labor of enslaved rune and stone giants.
Paizo published a major article about Hollow Mountain in chapter 3 of Dungeons of Golarion, and set the adventure It Came from Hollow Mountain there. Dynamite Entertainment published an official comics series set there titled Hollow Mountain.
For additional resources, see the Meta page.
- ↑ James L. Sutter. (2007). Varisia. The Hook Mountain Massacre, p. 63. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-038-4
- ↑ Adam Daigle and James L. Sutter. (2012). Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition Player's Guide, p. 8. Paizo Publishing, LLC.
- ↑ F. Wesley Schneider and James L. Sutter. (2017). Runescars 5, p. Appendix. Dynamite Entertainment.
- ↑ Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 146. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- ↑ Wolfgang Baur. (2007). The History of Thassilon. Burnt Offerings, p. 79. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-035-3