Viperwall is the name of the notorious keep built on the eastern shores of Ember Lake in central Varisia. Its many conical towers and serpent carvings emit a sickening green light and poisonous fumes, so it is to no surprise that the place is greatly avoided by the local population. Rumor has it that the castle was built sometime in the mid-fifth millennium AR by serpentfolk who traveled up from Sekamina through the Mobhad Leigh in order to create a surface outpost for their race. Others believe that the fortress has existed since the time of Thassilon. Deep within the keep is a portal to the ruins of Sverenagati.
The parents of Zimandi Kaddren, head of the prestigious Kaddren family of Magnimar, recently disappeared while exploring Viperwall.
- ↑ James L. Sutter. (2007). Varisia. The Hook Mountain Massacre, p. 62. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-038-4
- ↑ James L. Sutter. (2007). Varisia. The Hook Mountain Massacre, p. 69. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-038-4
- ↑ Amanda Hamon, Gareth Hanrahan, David Ross, and Jerome Virnich. (2013). Dungeoneer's Handbook, p. 19. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-510-5
- ↑ Adam Daigle and James L. Sutter. (2012). Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition Player's Guide, p. 14. Paizo Publishing, LLC.
- ↑ Richard Pett. (2012). Into the Nightmare Rift. Into the Nightmare Rift, p. 28. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-487-0
- ↑ James Jacobs and Greg A. Vaughan. (2008). Into the Darklands, p. 42. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-140-4
- ↑ Adam Daigle and James Jacobs. (2012). Magnimar, City of Monuments, p. 7. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-446-7