- This article is for a First Edition class from the Advanced Class Guide. For the 2e warpriest (cleric sub-class), see Cleric.
Warpriests, like paladins, fight in the name of their god. Unencumbered by the same devotion to law and good, however, they may serve any deity, and their moral code more closely matches the divine power they serve. Much like clerics, warpriests can channel powers from their faith but prefer to apply such powers through deadly use of their weapons in the midst of combat.1
Warpriests are common in battleworn regions, such as the Hold of Belkzen, Lastwall, Nirmathas, Mendev, and Molthune. However, their potent combination of divine power and martial strength also makes them valuable in:23
- Andoran, where warpriests of Erastil and Torag fight within the Golden Legion and followers of Cayden Cailean often join the Steel Falcons
- Cheliax, particularly among Hellknights and the Order of the Godclaw
- Lastwall, which recruits warpriests of Iomedae and Pharasma to combat undead threats
- the Red Mantis, where warpriests of Achaekek strive to become his perfect instruments of death
There are no known restrictions on the race of a warpriest.
No information currently available.
For additional as-yet unincorporated sources about this subject, see the Meta page.