|Region||Any, particularly the Lands of the Linnorm Kings|
|Images of skalds|
Source: Advanced Class Guide, pg(s). 49ff.
Like bards, skalds use their performance talents to inspire allies. The skald's violent nature, however, twists this inspiration into calls for heroic rage. As scholars, they record and retell stories of valor and prowess in battle; as artists, their nuanced and multidimensional creativity reflects their ability to emulate a versatile range of magical abilities. And in combat, skalds push forward with the front lines into melee combat to better experience the bloody stories they will tell for years to come.
|This page is a stub. You can help us by .|
Elsewhere on Golarion, skalds are found among:
- elite military officers in Andoran, Cheliax, Lastwall, Mendev, and Taldor
- battle-drummers and warchanters in the Hold of Belkzen, where the greatclubs that beat rhythms on hide-covered barrels are put to equal use against enemies' heads
- the demon-worshiping Bekyar, where dancing skalds power their raids
- Shoanti tribes, where they serve as both warchanters and spirit-singers
- the gripplis of the Valashmai Jungle have skalds who weave their magic into powerful war paints
There are no known restrictions on the race of a skald.
|This section is a stub. You can help us by .|
- Jason Bulmahn. (2013). Advanced Class Guide Playtest, p. 34. Paizo Publishing, LLC.
- Dennis Baker, et al. (2014). Advanced Class Origins, p. 18. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-674-4
- Dennis Baker, et al. (2014). Advanced Class Origins, p. 4. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-674-4
- Dennis Baker, et al. (2014). Advanced Class Origins, p. 19. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-674-4
- Alexander Augunas, John Compton, and Crystal Frasier. (2016). Blood of the Beast, p. 10. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-901-1