Swashbucklers are lightly-armored combatants with a flair for intricate combat styles and agile attacks. If a swashbuckler has to do something, it will be done with style. Deeply committed to a technical mastery of combat, swashbucklers combine discipline and daring to commit feats of advanced martial prowess, dancing around the battlefield, and carefully setting up their foes for powerful—and spectacular—final blows.12
Following their flair for dramatics, most swashbucklers tend to be either noble fighters or lawless pirates and bandits. They are often found in Absalom, Andoran, Galt, and the River Kingdoms, as well as numerous other places. The Aldori Academy in Brevoy is full of swashbucklers learning to adapt their unique styles to incorporate the fabled Aldori dueling sword; in Qadira, whirling dervishes of Sarenrae combine dazzling swordplay with sacred hyperkinetic dancing and a merciful philosophy; Taldor is home to many schools dedicated to training swashbucklers; on Mediogalti Island, members of the Bloodwatch and Blood Circus performers count many swashbucklers in their ranks; and, finally, the Shackles together with the Sodden Lands have always been home to the most daring and flamboyant of Golarion's swashbucklers.3
- Sardan Six Steps, master of a swordplay school in Ilizmagorti's Mainmast District.
- Eras the Needle is a skilled swashbuckler and a Pathfinder Society venture-captain.
- Florian Gale is the captain of the Absalom Mint's Precious Guard and is renowned as one of Absalom's finest fencers.
- Lord Jaren of House Wycomb teaches both the art of sword and song at legendary bardic college, the White Grotto.
- Trelliun is the captain of the Sterling Sapphire, the flagship of the Blakros fleet, and possesses both martial and arcane skills.4
Swashbucklers are free to follow any gods or philosophies they want, and are not known to favor any one of them.
- Jason Bulmahn. (2013). Advanced Class Guide Playtest, p. 44. Paizo Publishing, LLC.
- Logan Bonner, Lyz Liddell, Mark Seifter et al. (2020). Pathfinder Advanced Player's Guide, p. 53. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-257-0
- Dennis Baker, et al. (2014). Advanced Class Origins, p. 5, 22–23. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-674-4
- Erik Mona et al. (2021). Absalom, City of Lost Omens, p. 302–368. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-235-8