Pathfinder Player Companion: Advanced Class Origins
Book - Sourcebook
October 22, 2014
Advanced Class Origins, a Pathfinder Player Companion accessory by Dennis Baker, Ross Byers, Tom Phillips, Stephen Radney-MacFarland, and Owen K.C. Stephens, was released on October 22, 2014.
|Unlock your character's potential and become a master of the hybrid classes with Pathfinder Player Companion: Advanced Class Origins! Featuring never-before-seen rules options for the 10 new classes from the Pathfinder RPG Advanced Class Guide, this volume is the ultimate companion for bringing your hybrid class adventurer into the Pathfinder campaign setting. Whether your character is one of Geb's enigmatic Twilight Sage arcanists, an investigator trained at Lepidstadt Academy in gothic Ustalav, or a scimitar-wielding swashbuckler dervish from Qadira, Advanced Class Origins makes sure her connection to Golarion is as powerful as her unique new skills and abilities.
Inside this book, you'll find:
- New archetypes and character options that integrate each of the 10 classes detailed in the Pathfinder RPG Advanced Class Guide into the world of Golarion.
- Details on homelands, organizations, and institutions around the Inner Sea region to inform the background of your hybrid class adventurer.
- New traits to represent skills your adventurer acquired from locales such as the demon-plagued Tanglebriar, war-torn Nirmathas, and the deep vastness of the Mwangi Jungle.
- Tips and advice on how to use the new hybrid classes to qualify for prestige classes and weave a path of renown through the legends and myths of the Inner Sea.
- New feats, spells, and items to augment the hexing powers of shamans and witches, empower animal companions with acidic bites, and much more!
For Your Character
An overview of the new features in this book, questions for players to ask GMs, trivia, and an index of new rules options.
Class Is in Session
Summaries of each of the 10 new hybrid classes, advice on how to use this book in gameplay, and a list of hybrid class substitutions for qualifying characters for existing prestige classes.
A summary of brawlers in Golarion, the Ulfen beast-wrestler and winding path renegade archetypes, and new combat traits.
A summary of investigators in Golarion, the Lepidstadt inspector archetype, new investigator talents, and new regional traits for Ustalav.
A summary of skalds in Golarion; the new Bekyar demon dancer, Belkzen war drummer, and dragon skald archetypes; and new race traits for Bekyar and Shoanti humans.
A summary of swashbucklers in Golarion, the new Shackles corsair and whirling dervish archetypes, and new regional traits for Taldor and the Shackles.
A summary of warpriests in Golarion, the new liberty's blade and mantis zealot archetypes, new blessings, and new combat traits.
Fourteen new feats designed for use with the new hybrid classes.
Two new armor special qualities, a new weapon special quality, and eight new magic items:
Nine new spells available to the hybrid classes, among others.
Advanced Classes of the Inner Sea
Inside Front Cover
Advanced Class Guide Archetypes
Inside Back Cover
An index of all hybrid class archetypes as of the book's publication.