|Titles||The Creeping Queen,|
Lord of Vermin,
Demon Lord of Vermin and Bindings
|Realm||Khavak-Vog, the Abyss|
|Areas of Concern||Bindings|
|Worshipers||Drow, driders, insane ettercaps|
|Cleric Alignments (1E)|
|Domains (1E)||Animal (affects vermin), Chaos, Destruction, Evil|
|Subdomains (1E)||Catastrophe, Demon, Rage, Venom|
|Symbol||Skull in spiderweb|
|Sacred Colors||Black, white|
|Images of Mazmezz|
Source: Book of the Damned, pg(s). 73
Mazmezz began life as a qlippoth lord and spawned the first bebiliths. When she found herself worshipped by mortals (particularly drow), she began to enjoy the attention and became interested in their lives. As she found out that her fellow qlippoth sought to destroy them to eradicate sin and starve the demons, she turned traitor and became a demon lord. She does not care that her bebilith children continue to hunt demons, as she only values mortal worship, unconcerned with the fate of her followers once they become demons.
Mazmezz's appearance is monstrously alien. Being one of the ancient qlippoth that roamed the Abyss before the creation of the Material Plane, there is no trace of sanity in her form. Mazmezz appears as a horrid tangle of insectoid legs, claws, pincers, and spinnerets, all coming from one horrible, writhing hairy mass at her centre. Mazmezz's only other real feature is her mouth, a pit of thrashing spider-like fangs that devour all who venture too close. Mazmezz can wrap herself in special webbing to make her appear as anything she wants.
Cult and worshippers
Mazmezz has no organised cult, just isolated madmen, among humans, behaving more as a vermin-like force of destruction than a deity. Her largest humanoid following is among the depraved drow of the Darklands, in particular the vermin lords of House Moivas. Mazmezz finds an ardent group of worshippers among the most famous of the drow's fleshwarped monstrosities, the arachnid driders. Mazmezz is also often worshipped by the more natural but no less disturbing surface-dwelling spider creatures known as ettercaps.
- Mazmezz was stated to be CR 27 under 3.5 rules: Descent into Midnight 60
- Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 247. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- John Compton, Adam Daigle, Amanda Hamon Kunz, et al. (2017). Book of the Damned, p. 73. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-970-7
- James Jacobs. (2009). Demon Lords of Golarion. Descent into Midnight, p. 57. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-131-2
- James Jacobs. (2009). Demon Lords of Golarion. Descent into Midnight, p. 60. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-131-2
- James Jacobs. (2010). Lords of Chaos, p. 20. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-250-0