|Titles||She of the Six Venoms,|
Lord of Scorpions
|Realm||Aioganthus, Sea of Whispering Sands, the Abyss|
|Areas of Concern||Sand|
|Worshipers||Evil humans, gharros demons, desert nomads, slavers, raiders|
|Cleric Alignments (1E)|
|Domains (1E)||Animal, Chaos, Evil, Sun|
|Subdomains (1E)||Demon, Feather, Fur, Light|
|Symbol||Sandy gold scorpion|
|Sacred Colors||Gold, orange|
|Images of Aldinach|
Source: Book of the Damned, pg(s). 14f.
Aldinach's primary form is that of an enormous, golden scorpion as large as a house, with crimson, crystalline, razor-sharp claws and a hideous human face with an unwholesome complexion. Her towering carapace is covered with members of her endless brood: countless smaller scorpions she can control by thought. Her sting is particularly deadly, injecting six venoms reputed to be lethal even to those immune to toxins.
History and relationships
Aldinach is one of Lamashtu's daughters from the time before the Mother of Monsters became a goddess, but there has been little contact between them since the mother's ascension. On the other hand, Aldinach's sphinx-like half-sister, Areshkagal, has been at constant war with Aldinach since the Lord of Scorpions stole the Abyssal realm known as the Sea of Whispering Sands, several thousand years ago. Areshkagal, desperate to regain her lost home, has sent waves of armies from the Blood Clefts, where she rules in exile.
Aldinach rules over the Sea of Whispering Sands, a near-endless desert landscape, dotted with abandoned cities.
Worshipers and followers
Aldinach has few followers on the Material Plane, but since she is the demon lord of sand and scorpions, she has cults in Osirion's and Rahadoum's desert areas, as well as in the deserts of central Casmaron. Her followers prefer to congregate in the temples of abandoned cities, while in more civilized regions, they congregate underground in burrows and caves. Some violent half-scorpion girtablilu tribes in eastern Osirion syncretically worship Aldinach and Rovagug, often led by half-fiend clerics. She has no organized worship outside of Garund's desert regions.
Some of her faithful are granted special power after lying prone in sand and eating scorpions.
- Aldinach (Dungeons & Dragons character) on Wikipedia
- Effects that target animals can also target scorpions
- Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 246. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- John Compton, Adam Daigle, Amanda Hamon Kunz, et al. (2017). Book of the Damned, p. 14–15. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-970-7
- James Jacobs. (2009). Demon Lords of Golarion. Descent into Midnight, p. 56. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-131-2
- James Jacobs. (2010). Lords of Chaos, p. 10. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-250-0
- James Jacobs. (2010). Lords of Chaos, p. 41. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-250-0