|Titles||The Burning Maw,|
Lord of Volcanoes,
Demon Lord of Fire and Salamanders
|Realm||The Bloodpyre Fields, the Abyss|
|Areas of Concern||Fire|
|Worshipers||Arsonists, drow, fire giants, evil metalworkers, red dragons, salamanders|
|Cleric Alignments (1E)|
|Domains (1E)||Chaos, Evil, Fire, War|
|Subdomains (1E)||Ash, Blood, Demon, Smoke, Tactics|
|Symbol||Fanged mouth with lava|
|Sacred Colors||Black, red|
|Images of Flauros|
Source: Book of the Damned, pg(s). 50f.
Flauros (pronounced FLOR-us) is the demon lord of fire, volcanoes and the demonic patron of the salamanders.
Flauros rules over his domain of the Bloodpyre Fields, a realm of burning seas and constantly erupting volcanoes that seems like a dark reflection of the Plane of Fire. His home is an adamantine castle suspended within the caldera of the largest volcano of the realm located close to the domain of his putative red dragon lover, Fhengasma.
Flauros has been at war with Ymeri, Mistress of Fire for countless millennia over the salamanders and usually has the upper hand in this battle. Salamanders are elemental creatures and most elemental creatures worship the elemental lord of their element yet the evil salamanders have more in common with sadistic Flauros than they do with mercurial Ymeri. The enmity between them is said to stem from a failed attempt to woo Ymeri by Flauros, who did not take rejection well and is further vexed at how she endures his attacks with a stoicism bordering on disinterest. Flauros makes a point of never looting the dead or stealing Ymeri's resources on these raids, suggesting that the tools her forces wield would not survive the greater fires of his domain.
Flauros appears as a huge serpent-like creature with skin like cooling lava that cracks and bursts unable to contain the incredible heat within. To further his fearsome appearance, Flauros's head is a frightful maw of demonic teeth that belches out smoke, magma, and flame, and he wields a huge obsidian spear capable of impaling a giant, which can change into a long whip of lava.
Cult and worshippers
Flauros's main followers are salamanders who share Flauros's serpentine form. Flauros is also worshipped by drow of the noble House Caldrana who specialise in using the powers of elemental fire to forge weapons of legendary quality.
- ↑ Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 246. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 James Jacobs. (2010). Lords of Chaos, p. 15. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-250-0
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 James Jacobs. (2009). Demon Lords of Golarion. Descent into Midnight, p. 58. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-131-2
- ↑ John Compton, Adam Daigle, Amanda Hamon Kunz, et al. (2017). Book of the Damned, p. 51. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-970-7
- ↑ F. Wesley Schneider. (2008). Zirnakaynin. Endless Night, p. 51. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-129-9
- Flauros (real-world demon) on Wikipedia