Guide to Absalom
Guide to Absalom, a Pathfinder Chronicles sourcebook by Owen K.C. Stephens, was released in December 2008.
||Founded 4,700 years ago and designed by the god Aroden himself, Absalom is a hub of mercantile and spiritual activity. Traders come from all over the globe to sell their wares in the City at the Center of the World, while those hoping to become gods work up their courage to attempt the Test of the Starstone. Many armies have tried to conquer Absalom, but the city has never fallen. Thrown into chaos since the death of Aroden, the island city fights to maintain its independence and prestige as a shining beacon of civilization.
The largest and most important metropolis in the Pathfinder Chronicles campaign setting comes alive in this comprehensive sourcebook! Pathfinder Chronicles: Guide to Absalom includes:
- Neighborhood-by-neighborhood summaries loaded with adventure hooks, from the flooded slums of the Puddles to the temples of failed gods in the Ascendant Court.
- Key movers and shakers in the city, and their eternal shadow war for ultimate control.
- Detailed information on organizations both good and evil, from the Smoke Knights to the Gillmen.
- Absalom's war-torn history.
- Descriptions of daily life in the city, including cost-of-living information by district.
- Information on the ruined siege castles of the Cairnlands and the Absalom's other holdings.
Except for a short chapter on Absalom's secrets, all of the information contained in this book is safe for players in any Absalom-based campaign, and is compatible with any edition of the world's most popular roleplaying game!