|Author(s)||Brian Cortijo et al.|
|Publisher||Paizo Publishing, LLC|
|Series||Pathfinder Campaign Setting|
|Follows||Rule of Fear|
|Artwork from Rival Guide|
The Rival Guide is a Pathfinder Campaign Setting sourcebook by Brian Cortijo, Adam Daigle, Tim Hitchcock, Brandon Hodge, Colin McComb, Jason Nelson, Amber Scott, Neil Spicer, and Amber Stewart, that was released in May 2011.
|“||The Rival Guide' presents 10 fully detailed rival adventuring groups, complete with specialized spells, equipment, magic items, and unusual minions. These groups cover a wide range of themes, from haunted pirates to drow death cultists, monstrous slavers to nigh-unstoppable arch-villains, and much, much more!
Inside this 64-page book, you'll find:
The 10 adventuring groups presented in this volume are:
- Argentate Blades
- A competent band of adventurers often contracting as bounty hunters or mercenaries currently working in Brevoy.
- Members: Dulci Bardwith · Estella Cheriford · Exander Runthorn · Tatius Cheriford
- Children of Steel
- Infamous and ruthless mercenaries known to work across the Inner Sea region and beyond.
- Members: Derrak Stoneskull · Echean Ansolandi · Inaris Jerveel · Wotywina Turncoin
- Dust Coven
- A Darklands-based adventuring group led by an annis hag witch.
- Members: Mizzinastre Vexidyre · Vhalhisstre Vexidyre · Xeyog Vexidyre · Zelfane Vexidyre
- Hands of Slaughter
- A central Garund-based adventuring group led by an agent of the Aspis Consortium.
- Members: Aliciette Cardoso · Azygos Qurashi · Isai Odighuzua · Yrure'tugala
- Hellblood Corsairs
- Ruthless pirates of the seas off western Garund and explorers of the lost nation of Ghol-Gan.
- Members: Belia of Zadoth · Molatunde Navoon · Ozrin Casault · Shavaran
- Kodar Kneecappers
- A Harse-based organization dedicated to avenging the deaths of anyone killed by giants.
- Members: Marnay Zyrvana · Matrena Goldthorpe · Phethean Klexius · Thortona Fjortoft
- Marrow Reavers
- A Katapesh-based adventuring group led by a gnoll.
- Members: Azrikalis · Lamya Nilawi · Najak · Narim Al-Rhad
- Night Harrows
- A travelling adventuring group, and secret cell of Whispering Way cultists.
- Members: Adgrif Yoderbie · Mierela Tsilda · Nuetetia Irsinoe · Vesnic Demicci
- Poisoned Lodge
- An adventuring group, located in the Coins District of Absalom, who claim to be members of the Pathfinder Society.
- Members: Areen Mardessen · Ish Torovan · Mattie Red · Sussessa Amakye
- Queen's Hands
- An investigative adventuring group loyal to Queen Abrogail II of Cheliax.
- Members: Anya Jeggare · Lerwynn Skathos · Victus Carrazinion · Wil Telaxxis