An arcane engine generally describes a device or process that produces or amplifies arcane magic energy, often by converting other forms of energy,123 similar to how a mechanical engine converts other forms of energy into mechanical energy. It does not describe a single type, design, or function, but rather a class of such devices.4
Known arcane engines
- The arcane engine designed by Tessarael in Fangwood Keep to amplify a tree step spell into a form of interplanetary travel.1
- When the Lens of Galundari contains an outsider bound into its owner's service, it serves as an arcane engine granting access to the outsider's powers.2
- Some wizards of the Occularium in Manaket have designs for arcane engines that harness death worms to transform the deserts of Rahadoum.3
- The Abysium Heart of the Hao Jin Tapestry is the abysium arcane engine that sustains the demiplane.5
- The Eternal Egg is an arcane engine designed by Afareen Astabhan and is fueled by the couatl egg it contains.6
- Arcane engines powered the Shory flying city of Kho.7
- Alex Greenshields. (2013). Fangwood Keep, p. 3. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-476-4
- F. Wesley Schneider. (2012). Artifacts & Legends, p. 30. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-458-0
- Richard Pett, Anthony Pryor, Amber E. Scott, and Ray Vallese. (2012). Mystery Monsters Revisited, p. 20. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-473-3
- Engine, Wikipedia.
- Tom Phillips. (2013). The Fabric of Reality, p. 3. Paizo Publishing, LLC.
- Judy Bauer et al. (2014). Lost Treasures, p. 27. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-703-1
- Tim Pratt. (2012). City of the Fallen Sky, Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-418-4. Chapter 23.