A bloodline is a taxonomic term for identifying the inherited source of certain abilities. In the most common examples, bloodragers, sorcerers, and some arcanists derive their arcane magic abilities from their bloodlines.
|This page is a stub. You can help us by .|
Bloodlines as arcane abilities
As a bloodline-derived arcane spellcaster gradually masters their abilities, they may learn spells, gain supernatural powers and spell-like abilities, and sometimes even manifest physiological characteristics reflecting the historical source of their inherited power. Sorcerers claiming an aquatic bloodline, for example, have demonstrated a marked affinity for water-based magic, and there are verifiable accounts of such aquatic sorcerers whose very bodies have developed abilities to withstand the cold and pressure of a deep-water environment.
Sorcerer and bloodrager bloodlines
Bloodlines on Golarion
At least 30 independent bloodlines are widely known to exist across Golarion, most involving a progenitor of highly advanced magical ability or belonging to an arcane or extraplanar race. Some theorize that a few regions may have additional bloodlines native to and largely confined to such regions, but it is well-established that certain regions tend to spawn bloodline-derived spellcasters claiming to have descended from specific bloodlines: the sorcerers of Geb, for example, are highly likely to assert that their powers derive from undead bloodlines, although this is by no means a theory of wide scientific acceptance.
- Jason Bulmahn et al. (2009). Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook (1E), p. 71. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-150-3
- Jason Bulmahn. (2010). Advanced Player's Guide, p. 136. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-246-3
- Jason Bulmahn et al. (2014). Advanced Class Guide, p. 16ff. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-671-3
- The attached template clearly shows which bloodlines have manifested in which type of spellcaster.
- Jason Bulmahn et al. (2009). Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook (1E), p. 71–77. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-150-3
- Jason Bulmahn. (2010). Advanced Player's Guide, p. 136–41. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-246-3
- Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 50. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1