Saurians respect all life and often follow druidic teachings like the Green Faith, but consider themselves the protectors of primordial creatures and defend them violently. A few particularly warlike tribes instead worship the demon lord Zevgavizeb: they primarily wage war against other saurians, and their talent for training dinosaurs for war is unparalleled. The combination of internal power struggles and constant opposition from other saurians that view them as degenerates has kept them isolated.
Saurians often appoint themselves as stewards and protectors of primeval creatures such as dinosaurs and mammoths. They often form a close rapport with these beings, but do not consider them to be domesticated and, indeed, find the concept of domestication to be reprehensible.
The oldest saurians in a community, termed worldwatchers, become patient and introspective, and are respected for their wisdom and experience by their younger kin.
- The source provides examples at Levels 16 and 18.
- Although both examples in the source are NE, the associated text states all alignments are possible.
- Kevin Bryan, Lyz Liddell, Andrew Mullen, Patrick Renie, and David N. Ross. (2020). "Adventure Toolbox". The Apocalypse Prophet, p. 80–81. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-241-9
- Robert Brookes et al. (2017). Pathfinder RPG Bestiary 6, p. 247. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-931-8
- John Compton, Adam Daigle, Amanda Hamon Kunz, et al. (2017). Book of the Damned, p. 107. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-970-7