|Environment||Usually warm environments|
|Images of dinosaurs|
Source: Bestiary, pg(s). 83
Dinosaurs are believed to have originated in the vault of Deep Tolguth in the Darklands realm of Orv. They continue to thrive there, as well as in the region of Tolguth on the surface world, in the Realm of the Mammoth Lords.
There may once have been a link between Deep Tolguth and Tolguth, presumably via the Earthnavel, which allowed the dinosaurs to migrate up to the surface. If so, these tunnels have long since collapsed.
The Thunderscale tribe of kobolds, which lives in the jungles of Mediogalti Island, revere their local dinosaurs as gods. They engage in extremely dangerous religious rituals. Captive dinosaurs are released amongst members of the tribe; those kobolds who manage to survive the experience are considered to be blessed. Many lizardfolk also revere dinosaurs, and some even believe themselves to be descended from dinosaurs. Lizardfolk sometimes keep dinosaurs as beasts of war or burden, or else allow them to roam free about their settlements.
- Allosaurus, bipedal carnivorous dinosaur
- Ankylosaurus, club-tailed dinosaur
- Archaeopteryx, bird-like missing link
- Brachiosaurus, long-necked dinosaur
- Compsognathus, tiny dinosaur with a poisonous bite
- Deinonychus, medium-sized pack hunter
- Mokele-mbembe, web-footed predator equally at home on land or in the water
- Parasaurolophus, huge dinosaur with a crest on its head
- Stegosaurus, huge dinosaur with bony back plates and spiked tail
- Triceratops, huge, heavily armoured, three horned dinosaur
- Tyrannosaurus, bipedal monster with very sharp teeth
These large reptiles are not technically dinosaurs, but are often found in similar areas:
Dinosaurs in religion
- Wikipedia:Dinosaur (extinct real-world animal)
- James Jacobs and Greg A. Vaughan. (2008). Into the Darklands, p. 47. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-140-4
- James Jacobs and Greg A. Vaughan. (2008). Into the Darklands, p. 6. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-140-4
- Tim Hitchcock et al. (2010). Heart of the Jungle, p. 62. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-247-0
- Jason Bulmahn. (2009). Bestiary (First Edition), p. 136. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-183-1
- James Jacobs et al. (2011). The Inner Sea World Guide, p. 117. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-269-2
- James L. Sutter. (2008). Lizardfolk. Classic Monsters Revisited, p. 35. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-079-7
- James Jacobs. (10 February 2011). Golarion Day: Other Gods and New Subdomains, Paizo Blog.