Source: The Inner Sea World Guide, pg(s). 207 (1E)
Nurvatcha, often spelt Nurvatchta, is one of the coastal nations of Southern Garund, south of the Inner Sea region. Its inhabitants are the reclusive spider-like humanoids known as the anadi, who often use their natural illusion magic to hide their true natures, giving rise to the rumor that they transform into horrible spider-like monsters every sunset.
Nurvatcha is unique in Garund in that worship of Grandmother Spider, or "Nana Spider" as they sometimes call her, is so prominent that she is worshiped at a national level. To the point where many of her clerics and oracles hold government positions, and many official state services are held in one of her temples.
Many anadi believe that Grandmother Spider rescued them from ancient servitude. According to legend, she plucked dewdrops from her web and hung them in the sky to guide them in the darkness.
- Domithari, the capital and seat of Nurvatcha's council of elected officials, as well as the location of the Empty Throne, an honorary empty seat reserved for Grandmother Spider
- Majabi, where the nation's finest scholars congregate, and where the First Weave, a magically-infused tapestry detailing the earliest anadi transformation spells, can be found
For additional resources, see the Meta page.
- Many Paizo publications use "Nurvatchta", including 2E publications, but Tier 1 source Hellknight Hill refers to the nation as "Nurvatcha" on pages 84 and 85 and, therefore, that is used as the main spelling.
- James Jacobs et al. (2011). The Inner Sea World Guide, p. 207. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-269-2
- Kate Baker et al. (2018). Faiths of Golarion, p. 12–15. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-099-6
- Rigby Bendele et al. (2022). Travel Guide, Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-465-9
- Logan Bonner, Amanda Hamon, James Jacobs, and Jason Tondro. (2019). "Adventure Toolbox". Hellknight Hill, p. 84. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-173-3
- Laura-Shay Adams et al. (2021). The Mwangi Expanse, p. 290. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-340-9
- Laura-Shay Adams et al. (2021). The Mwangi Expanse, p. 291. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-340-9
- Kate Baker et al. (2018). Faiths of Golarion, p. 12. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-099-6
- Laura-Shay Adams et al. (2021). The Mwangi Expanse, p. 105. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-340-9