- See also: Absalom Reckoning
For the vast majority of life in the Material Plane—and even for many more powerful creatures and entities beyond it—time is perceived as a fixed, linear passage of existence and events in apparently irreversible succession, and the durations and intervals between events can be measured in consistent units, such as seconds, minutes, hours, days, and years. For the privileged few capable of manipulating it, time is more of an inscrutable phenomenon that can bent in their favor and even rewritten, although significant changes require such great power that it would approach the abilities of a deity.
As a planar property
Basrakal, a city on an archipelago in the Maelstrom, is exceptionally stable for the plane of chaos. While still subject to fluctuations in the passage of time, the entire archipelago experiences these fluctuations together. Leaving and returning to Basrakal for a perceived day might result in weeks passing in the city, or vice versa.
|This section is a stub. You can help us by .|
Dimension of Time
Magic can be used to manipulate time in various ways, a practice informally known as temporal magic or chronomancy. Wizards who specialize in this type of magic are known as chronomancers, some of which are related to Shyka the Many, one of the fey Eldest and a demigoddess of time.
Such magic is used for a broad array of purposes, from things as mundane as boxes of temporal stasis to preserve plant seeds to entire demiplanes created to remove a place from the passage of time. Temporal energy is often associated with temporal magic, and can result in effects that bend or except people, places, or items from the normal properties of time.
Studies of time
- Time, Wikipedia.
- Judy Bauer et al. (2017). Legacy of the First World, p. 30. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-941-7
- John Compton and Thurston Hillman. (2018). Baskaral. Distant Realms, p. 5. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-046-0
- John Compton. (2018). Yulgamot. Distant Realms, p. 57. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-046-0
- Amber Stewart. (2009). The Great Beyond: A Guide to the Multiverse, p. 50–51. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-167-1
- Robert Brookes et al. (2018). Planar Adventures, p. 214. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-044-6
- John Compton. (2018). Yulgamot. Distant Realms, p. 61. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-046-0
- Michael Kortes. (2008). The Pact Stone Pyramid, p. 19. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-145-9
- Amanda Hamon Kunz. (2018). The City Outside of Time. The City Outside of Time, p. 6. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-098-9
- Crystal Frasier. (2015). The Sky Key Solution, p. 4. Paizo Inc.
- Crystal Frasier. (2015). The Sky Key Solution, p. 3. Paizo Inc.