A dreamscape is a realm within the Dreamlands similar to a demiplane, and is created by a sleeping mortal creature; this creature is typically the only creature who can naturally access it. A dreamer inhabits a dreamscape through a lucid body, a type of avatar. Due to the vast array of mortal life in the multiverse capable of experiencing dreams, the Dreamlands can contain an almost countless array of independent dreamscapes.1
Each dreamscape has its own planar traits, which can include properties of physics such as gravity and time. The perceived passing of a single day in most dreamscapes consumes an hour in the Material Plane.1
Aside from entering a dreamscape through a naturally occurring dream, existing dreamscapes can also be accessed through specialized magic spells and powers, such as dream travel. Accessing someone else's dream is a more difficult task of planar travel than accessing the more stable Dreamlands, which itself is more difficult than traveling to other standalone planes.1
A dreamthief is a rogue whose soul contains a dreamshard of concentrated emotion that grants them supernatural access to others' dreamscapes, and can manifest and then steal those creatures' own emotions. They can also dream lucidly.3
- Leng, an unusually stable dreamscape that became a demiplane accessible through specially tuned planar tuning forks4
For additional as-yet unincorporated sources about this subject, see the Meta page.
- “Chapter 3: The Great Beyond” in Planar Adventures, 213. Paizo Inc., 2018 .
- “Chapter 3: The Great Beyond” in Planar Adventures, 96. Paizo Inc., 2018 .
- “Chapter 1: Planar Characters” in Planar Adventures, 12. Paizo Inc., 2018 .
- “Chapter 2: Running Planar Adventures” in Planar Adventures, 85. Paizo Inc., 2018 .