Inkariax is a velstrac demagogue3 who sees perfection in stillness, solitude and stasis, knows its ephemerality and seeks to preserve all manner of 'perfection' against entropy by encasing them in ice.4
Inkariax sprang fully formed from the Shadow Plane's essence aeons ago. He spent ages searching for a perfect place where he can keep his preserved menagerie and left carnage along the way. He eventually felt an empathic link with Doloras, who was responsible for freeing the velstracs from Hell, in an icy waste and built his divine realm there. Scholars believe that this was the result of powerful echoes of temporal stasis from Crystilan, whose location in the Material Plane corresponds to Inkariax's future divine realm in the Shadow Plane.56
Shortly after, Doloras appeared in Inkariax's realm and wordlessly gifted him with frozen tears from her crown, which Inkariax made into the pendants of the first tears. She quickly left, and Inkariax has since spent millennia trying to earn her attention.5
Inkariax resembles a 70-foot-tall, icy-blue-skinned humanoid whose body is pierced with numerous bloody icicles that also form a jagged cloak. As his mouth is stitched shut, Inkariax is mute and communicates solely via his gaze.75
Inkariax's realm, called Frozen Tears, lies atop a frozen sea battered by a blizzard. His palace is called White Death's Diadem and is home to Inkariax himself and his most powerful, horrific minions, which he preserved.7
Inkariax's relationship with Doloras goes beyond the debt all velstracs owe her. He named his divine realm after her gift of frozen tears, builds it in her honour, and seeks to earn her favour. Doloras' endgame with Inkariax is unknown, while their followers closely cooperate with each other.75
Due to Inkariax's isolation and aloofness, many devils that left Hell have moved to Frozen Tears. It is said that Inkariax is either collecting these devils to gift to Doloras when she returns, or simply focused on building the ultimate collection to gain her attention.5
- “The City Outside of Time” in The City Outside of Time, 11. Paizo Inc., 2018 Inferred from name of followers .
- “The City Outside of Time” in The City Outside of Time, 23. Paizo Inc., 2018 Inferred from name of followers .
- “Monsters A to Z” in Bestiary 3, 170. Paizo Inc., 2011 .
- “Chapter 1: Fiendish Divinities” in Book of the Damned, 120. Paizo Inc., 2017 .
- “Bestiary” in The City Outside of Time, 87. Paizo Inc., 2018 .
- “The City Outside of Time” in The City Outside of Time, 5. Paizo Inc., 2018 .
- “Kyton Demagogues” in The City Outside of Time, 77. Paizo Inc., 2018 .