Source: Alchemy Manual, pg(s). inside back cover
Silver is a precious metal with anathematic properties, and an especially strong reputation for harming lycanthropes and devils.
Galena is a natural mineral that is an important ore of lead and silver. It was most famously used to construct the Half-Empty Palace on Illumis, the fifth tier of Heaven.
- See also: Alchemical silver below
Silver is an alchemical reagent in its purified form that is used in alchemical recipes. As an alchemical power component it is associated with boosting the effectiveness of illusion spells. One dose of silver costs a single gold piece.
|This section is a stub. You can help us by expanding it.|
Silver is commonly used in currency, generally with a value of 10 silver pieces per gold piece and 10 copper pieces per silver piece.
Where silver is a major part of a region's economy, it often gains greater cultural import. For example, the city of Kintargo—nicknamed the Silver City—is a center of the silver trade in Cheliax, and many of its locations and features are named after the metal (such as the Silver Road, the Silver Star shop, and its historical saviors the Silver Ravens).
- See also: Category:Silver weapons
While an inferior and expensive metal for weaponsmithing, weapons that are designed to harm certain outsiders can be crafted from silver. Silver is especially effective against devils, lycanthropes, and certain good-aligned outsiders, so much so that against these creatures, even ordinary silver objects can be effective weapons of opportunity. Silver powder can also reinforce magic circles that ward against them.
- See also: Category:Alchemical silver weapons
Silver can also be integrated with steel—though not with skymetals or cold iron—through complex alchemical and metallurgical processes. Such alchemical silver weapons are more durable and effective than those made of pure silver while retaining silver's anathematic properties, though they are still less deadly in general use than pure steel weapons.
For additional resources, see the Meta page.
- ↑ Galena, Wikipedia.
- ↑ Judy Bauer et al. (2016). Heaven Unleashed, p. 7. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-828-1
- ↑ Jason Nelson, Patrick Renie, and David N. Ross. (2014). Alchemy Manual, p. IBC. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-605-8
- ↑ Jason Bulmahn et al. (2009). Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook (1E), p. 140. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-150-3
- ↑ Crystal Frasier. (2015). In Hell's Bright Shadow. In Hell's Bright Shadow, p. 6. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-768-0
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Jason Bulmahn, et al. (2011). Ultimate Magic, p. 103. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-299-9
- ↑ Jason Bulmahn, et al. (2011). Ultimate Magic, p. 107. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-299-9
- ↑ Jason Bulmahn et al. (2009). Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook (1E), p. 155. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-150-3