The Revolutionary Council, sometimes termed the Galtan People's Council,1 is the de facto government of the chaotic land of Galt. It is currently led by Citizen Camilia Drannoch, the Chairman of the Revolutionary Council. It meets in Isarn, the capital of Galt, and has existed for longer than most of Galt's governments.23 A populist leader, Citizen Camilia Drannoch firmly believes that the previous chairman, Korran Goss' tendency to attribute Galt's problems to external forces only exacerbated the plight of the nation. During her tenure, the Revolutionary Council has ostensibly initiated a campaign to eliminate rogue elements and destabilizing influences within Galt. However, in numerous instances, this endeavor has primarily served as a means for Camilia to maneuver the mob into ousting those who could challenge her authority.2
- Citizen Korran Goss, former chairman3
- Hosetter, half-elf philosopher and co-founder of the Revolutionary Council2
- Darl Jubannich, poet and co-founder of the Revolutionary Council2
- Durgan Rane, chairman of the Cailean Council2
Previous Revolutionary Councils
After the fall of the original Revolutionary Council—the only one so far to be democratically elected5—over a dozen governments have appeared, only to fall again and be replaced by the next. Other incarnations have included:
The Cailean Council believed that Galt could only be saved through radical transformation, and as a result changed almost everything in Galtan culture, from the alphabet to the names of the week. Its chairman, Durgan Rane, imposed martial law and compulsory conscription, only to meet his demise at the hands of his recently trained troops.2
The Eye of Law
Cabinet of Skulls
Notable victim of the Revolutionary Council
The first Revolutionary Council was responsible for commissioning the infamous final blades. The original councillors wanted a humane, painless form of execution that would also prevent supposedly evil souls they executed adding to the ranks of Hell (and by extension strengthening the infernally-backed government of Cheliax from which they had just declared independence.5
- Fury of the Final Blade, 6. Paizo Inc., 2018 .
- The Inner Sea World Guide, 71. Paizo Inc., 2011 .
- “Shining Kingdoms” in World Guide, 126. Paizo Inc., 2019 .
- Amber E. Scott. (2011). "The Seventh Execution", ch. 3. Paizo Publishing. ISBN 978-1-60125-432-0
- A Case of Missing Persons, 6. Paizo Inc., 2017 .
- “Bestiary” in The Shackled Hut, 84. Paizo Inc., 2013 .