|Pathfinder Adventure Path #56:|
Raiders of the Fever Sea
|Author(s)||Greg A. Vaughan|
|Publisher||Paizo Publishing, LLC|
|Released||May 23, 2012|
|Type||Adventure Path issue|
|Series||Pathfinder Adventure Path #56|
Skull & Shackles 2 of 6
|Follows||The Wormwood Mutiny|
|Artwork from Raiders of the Fever Sea|
Raiders of the Fever Sea, an adventure by Greg A. Vaughan, with supporting materials by Jesse Benner, Adam Daigle, Mark Moreland, Patrick Renie, Steven D. Russell, F. Wesley Schneider, James L. Sutter, and Greg A. Vaughan, and fiction by Robin D. Laws, was released on May 23, 2012.
|“||Prepare to be BoardedBound for adventure upon the pirate vessel they've taken as their own, the heroes face a sea of dangers as they chart a course to become true Free Captains of the Shackles. But life as a pirate doesn't prove any easier now that they're in command, as deadly sea monsters, the corpses of drowned scallywags, and raiders from the deep rise to oppose them. When a most unusual map falls into the adventurers' hands, they have the chance to change their fate in a single daring raid. Is it the heroes' destiny to be the next victims of the merciless waves, or will fortune smile upon them and spur their rise as the newest and most infamous pirates of the Shackles?
This volume of Pathfinder Adventure Path includes:
Foreword: "Press-Ganged!" by F. Wesley Schneider (4)
- Managing Editor F. Wesley Schneider talks about the newest addition to Paizo's editorial team (and the Pathfinder Adventure Path team specifically—Adam Daigle), as well as hints at some ship envy for Rob McCreary's prop ship for his running of this very campaign.
1. "Raiders of the Fever Sea" by Greg A. Vaughan (6)
- Now masters of their own ship, the adventurers can become pirates in their own right, but they must first rename and refit their stolen ship. But to be considered equals by the pirates of the Shackles, they have to prove themselves worthy of the name.
- "Skull & Shackles Treasures" by Greg A. Vaughan (56)
- This double-size article provides a gazetteer of the major waterways of Golarion, including both oceans and seas, as well as overviews of the oceans' inhabitants, advice on underwater adventuring, and a massive random encounter table for sea-based challenges.
- Captain Challys Argent and her unwilling sidekicks journey to Butcher's Rock, so named due to its shape, and its population of ravening cyclopes. Furious battle and grim prophecy ensues.
5. "Seas of Fortune" (92)
- Installments 3 through 6 of the Skull & Shackles Adventure Path are previewed.
For additional resources, see the Meta page.
- Robin D. Laws. (May 23, 2012). On the Isle of the Cyclopes, the One-Eyed Man Wants to Kill and Eat You, Robin D. Laws's blog.