An adventurer is any person who embarks on expeditions or other risky endeavors, often at the behest of a patron or to fulfill a quest. Many adventurers form parties, also known as adventuring groups, that work together across several adventures.
Many of the races of Golarion become adventurers for different reasons. Humans, for example, often do so out of ambition and to achieve a social or financial goal, though many human ethnicities add certain wrinkles to their broad motivations. Dwarves, on the other hand, rarely adventure; those who do so to represent their clans and recover or strengthen their citadels and homes and are often outliers among their race.
- See also: Category:Adventurers
- Jason Bulmahn et al. (2009). Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook (1E), p. 27. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-150-3
- Benjamin Bruck, et al. (2015). Inner Sea Races, Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-722-2 Each ethnicity and major race article includes a section describing what motivates those people to become adventurers.
- Jason Bulmahn et al. (2009). Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook (1E), p. 22. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-150-3
- Benjamin Bruck, et al. (2015). Inner Sea Races, p. 73. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-722-2