|Publisher's product page|
|Author(s)||Erik Mona et al.|
|Price|| Print: $49.99|
|Follows||Curse of the Crimson Throne Map Folio|
|Precedes||Gods and Magic|
|Awards||– Best Setting (2009)|
|Artwork from Campaign Setting|
Pathfinder Chronicles Campaign Setting, a sourcebook by nearly forty of the world's most popular RPG game designers, was released in August 2008. The book won the gold ENnie for Best Setting in August 2009.
The Best of All Possible Worlds
Discover within this weighty, full-color tome the world of Golarion, home of the Pathfinder Chronicles campaign setting. A time of lost prophecies grips the world, bringing with it an unending maelstrom, a tear in the fabric of reality, a surge of diabolism, and the endless threat of war. Yet all is not lost, for these dark times provide ample opportunity for adventure and untold heroism.
Inside this exciting and informative tome you will find:
"Editor Mike McArtor assembled one of the most impressive author lists I've ever seen in my time as a game publisher, author, and player," said Paizo's Publisher, Erik Mona. "From the dawn of tabletop gaming to the rising stars of today, this list has it covered. It's a privilege to see such an honor role take on the development of a world I co-created."
While no specific credits are given for the individual sections of the Campaign Setting, the following authors are credited for the book as a whole:
1. Characters (4)
2. The Inner Sea (52)
- An extensive overview of the nations of the Inner Sea region and beyond.
3. Religion (158)
- Detailed writeups on all twenty of the major deities as well as a plethora of newly introduced minor deities. This section also includes an examination of the Great Beyond—the planes of the Pathfinder Chronicles campaign setting.
4. Organizations (186)
- Major and minor organizations that keep Golarion running.
5. The World (198)
- This extensive chapter offers information on the history of Golarion, specific equipment, feats, four new and one reprinted prestige classes, and much more to make the world come to life in any campaign.
- Four appendices provide information on everything from pronunciation of common names to wandering monster charts.
- ↑ Paizo Publishing, LLC. (June 23, 2008). Paizo Publishing Announces Complete Author List for the Pathfinder Chronicles Campaign Setting Hardcover, Paizo News.