RPG Superstar 2012
|RPG Superstar 2012|
|Module||Doom Comes to Dustpawn|
|Judges|| Ryan Dancey|
Sean K Reynolds
RPG Superstar 2012 began on December 6, 2012 and ran through April 3, 2012. The judges for the popular contest's fourth year include Sean K Reynolds, 2009 winner Neil Spicer, Open Gaming guru Ryan Dancey, and Necromancer Games publisher Clark Peterson, as well as guest judges Mark Moreland, James Jacobs, Rob Lazzaretti, and three of the top four contestants from RPG Superstar 2011, Sam Zeitlin, Jerall Toi, and Sean McGowan.
- See also: RPG Superstar
The three runners-up had the opportunity to write Pathfinder Society Scenarios during Season 4. Steve Miller's The Refuge of Time was released December 2012, and James Olchack's My Enemy's Enemy and Tom Phillips's The Fabric of Reality were released in February 2013.
The Top 4 contestants were announced on March 13, 2012. They each had to craft a Pathfinder adventure module proposal by March 23, 2012.
- Contestants advancing as far as the Top 4
Steve Miller James Olchak Tom Phillips
The Top 8 contestants were announced on February 21, 2012. Each was tasked with crafting a tiered encounter with a map, in the style of a Pathfinder Society Scenarios, which were given a week for the public to playtest before voting opened.
- Contestants advancing as far as the Top 8
Adam Donald Daniel Rust Sam Polak Russell Vaneekhoven
The Top 16 contestants, chosen by the voting public from the Top 32 archetypes in Round 2, were announced on February 7, 2012. Each progressing entrant submitted a monster concept and statblock. The judges disqualified Bob Drouin during voting for discussing his Round 2 entry, and no alternate was advanced to replace him.
- Contestants advancing as far as the Top 16
Will Cooper James Raine Bob DrouinD David Ross Andrew Marlowe Chris Shaeffer Jacob W. Michaels Jacob Trier
Of the hundreds of contestants who submitted wondrous items for round 1 of the contest, the judges selected their Top 32 and three alternates. Announced on January 24, 2012, all but one of the Top 32 submitted a villainous organization for public voting to determine the Top 16. Garrett Guillotte withdrew and Jason Neals did not submit an organization, allowing alternates Andrew Newton and Benjamin Medrano to advance in their place.
- Contestants advancing as far as the Top 32
Chad Bartlett Thomas LeBlanc Alexander Bennett David Ludwig Jim Callaghan Benjamin MedranoA Garrett GuillotteW Greg Monk Mark Hart Eric Morton Dan Jones Joshua Murphy Mikko Kallio Andrew NewtonA Jacob Kellogg Jason NealsD N. Edward Lange Ian Studebaker-Grey
- Alternates also included
Alex van der Kleut
- A: Alternate; D: Disqualified; W: Withdrew
- ↑ Paizo Publishing, LLC. (December 5, 2011). Meet the Judges, paizo.com.
- ↑ Paizo Publishing, LLC. (April 3, 2012). Mike Welham Named RPG Superstar 2012!, Paizo News.
- ↑ Paizo Publishing. (March 8, 2012). RPG Superstar: Top 4 Announced!, Paizo Blog.
- ↑ Paizo Publishing, LLC. (February 21, 2012). Top 8 Advance to Round 4 of RPG Superstar, Paizo News.
- ↑ Paizo Publishing, LLC. (February 7, 2012). Top 16 Advance to Round 3 of RPG Superstar, Paizo News.
- ↑ Sean K Reynolds. (February 15, 2012). "Re: Disqualification", Paizo Messageboards.
- ↑ Paizo Publishing, LLC. (January 24, 2012). Paizo Announces RPG Superstar 2012 Top 32, Paizo Blog.
- ↑ Garrett Guillotte. (January 24, 2012). Comment on "Bottled Time", Paizo Messageboards.
- ↑ Sean K Reynolds. (January 27, 2012). Comment on "RPG Superstar™ 2012 Top 32 Revealed", Paizo Messageboards.