Chromatic dragons are true dragons, usually of evil-alignment, as opposed to the good-aligned metallic dragons. Most chromatic dragons simply seek to quench their endless lust for treasure, food, and bloodshed. The scales of these dragons all match the color given in the name.
The evil god Dahak initially created the metallic dragons to hunt for sport. Apsu entered the Material Plane in order to end Dahak's reign of terror. However, Tiamat saw Dahak as a son and wanted him spared. In a deal to save Dahak, Tiamat healed some of the wounded metallic dragons, creating the original chromatic dragons.
Species of chromatic dragons
- black dragon, swamp-dwelling, with a line of acid as a breath weapon
- blue dragon, lives in warm deserts and breathes a line of electricity
- green dragon, dwells in temperate forests and breathes a cone of acid
- red dragon, the most powerful of the chromatics, lives in warm mountains and breathes a cone of fire
- white dragon, the least intelligent of the chromatic dragons, dwells in cold mountains and breathes a cone of cold
|This page is a stub. You can help us by expanding it.|
- ↑ Paizo Staff. (2009). Pathfinder Bestiary, p. 90-109. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-183-1
- ↑ Sean K Reynolds. (2008). Gods and Magic, p. 52. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-139-8
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Paizo Staff. (2009). Pathfinder Bestiary, p. 92-101. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-183-1