|Environment||Elysium or the Abyss|
|Images of titans|
Source: Bestiary 2, pg(s). 266f.
Titans are primordial creatures of near-godlike power who predate the mortal races. They created the gigas, who in turn spawned the first giants. Few titans exist these days and they inhabit only the remotest corners of Elysium and the Abyss. Some believe that humans were not the creation of the gods, but instead are direct descendants of the giants of old, making the titans their ultimate progenitors; these theories, however, are the product of speculation and lack any proof.
During the Age of Creation, the gods formed the titans from the raw substance of the planes to help them refine and develop the new, and still roughly-formed multiverse. For unknown reasons, the titans rebelled against their progenitors, declaring themselves the true lords of creation. Entire planes were destroyed in the ensuing war, but in the end the gods emerged victorious, banishing their rebellious children, the Thanatotic titans, to the darkest corner of Abaddon. The Elysian titans, who had sought for peace with the gods, were richly rewarded by the gods with realms of their own and free access to every corner of the Great Beyond.
Defeated in their ancient war, the thanatotic titans were banished to the Abyss, where they burn with envy toward their free brethren. Many of these evil titans live on Uligor, the realm of the demon lord Orcus; some serve the demon, but others war against him or each other. Great tracts of the realm are scarred by the titans' civil war.
Following their war against the gods, the thanatotic titans created the race of demodands in mockery of the gods' creation of mortals. Though horribly misshapen, the demodands, also called titanspawn, prove valuable servants, soldiers, and spies in the titans' continuing conflict against the gods, which they now wage through subterfuge rather than open warfare.
For additional resources, see the Meta page.
- Adam Daigle, F. Wesley Schneider, Neil Spicer, and Hank Woon. (2010). Bestiary. The Twice-Damned Prince, p. 85. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-226-5
- Patrick Renie. (2015). Ecology of the Gigas. Shadow of the Storm Tyrant, p. 71. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-730-7
- Wolfgang Baur et al. (2010). Bestiary 2 (First Edition), p. 266. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-268-5
- Amber Stewart. (2009). The Great Beyond: A Guide to the Multiverse, p. 35. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-167-1
- Wolfgang Baur et al. (2010). Bestiary 2 (First Edition), p. 267. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-268-5
- James Jacobs. (2010). Lords of Chaos, p. 24. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-250-0
- Jesse Benner et al. (2011). Bestiary 3 (First Edition), p. 68. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-378-1