|Pathfinder Adventure Path #73:|
The Worldwound Incursion
|Author(s)||Amber E. Scott et al.|
|Publisher||Paizo Publishing, LLC|
|Released||August 15, 2013|
|Type||Adventure Path issue|
|Series||Pathfinder Adventure Path #73|
Wrath of the Righteous 1 of 6
|Follows||The Witch Queen's Revenge|
|Precedes||Sword of Valor|
|Artwork from The Worldwound Incursion|
The Worldwound Incursion, an adventure by Amber E. Scott with additional material by James Jacobs, Jason Nelson, David Schwartz, and Jerome Virnich and fiction by Robin D. Laws, was released on August 15, 2013. It is the debut chapter in the Wrath of the Righteous Adventure Path and is the first published adventure to use the Mythic Adventures core rules supplement.
|“||The Beginning of the End!For more than a hundred years, the demon-infested Worldwound has warred against humanity, its Abyssal armies clashing with crusaders, barbarians, mercenaries, and heroes along the border of lost Sarkoris. But when one of the magical wardstones that helps hedge the demons into their savage realm is sabotaged, the crusader city of Kenabres is attacked and devastated by the demonic hordes. Can a small band of heroes destined for mythic greatness survive long enough to hold back the forces of chaos and evil until help arrives, or will they become the latest in a long line of victims slaughtered by Deskari, the demon lord of the Locust Host?
Foreword: "Let's Get Mythical" by James Jacobs (4)
- Paizo Creative Director James Jacobs gives a warm introduction for the Adventure Path and explains the importance of the Mythic Adventures and Ultimate Campaign hardcovers. He also introduces the co-starring NPCs feature, with allies on the front inside cover and villains and the rear inside cover.
1. "The Worldwound Incursion" by Amber E. Scott (6)
- Opening in the middle of the Armasse-Kenabres, the adventure starts with an attack of the Storm King himself to the city that destroys the Wardstone, leaving the heroes falling to the underground. While there they make new allies, some that fell with them and other surprising ones, but also will stumble upon secrets of this terrible invasion. As Kenabres's mythic heroes, the PCs must overcome the tide of war with their yet-untapped power and give Golarion a fighting chance against the Abyss.
- "Wrath of the Righteous Treasures" by Amber E. Scott (64)
2. "Kenabres Before the Fall" by Amber E. Scott (66)
- In this gazetteer, we get a closer look at the history, locations, and factions of Kenabres. The city is divided into districts that comprise different stages of the city. This section also details the city's factions, along with important NPCs representing each of them.
- On this Pathfinder's Journal, Robin D. Laws introduces us to Ba-El Racid, an egocentric Pathfinder. Racid is charged with the mission of tracking a demon hunter named Calliard, which takes him to Aaramor, the Numerian settlement. Following this mission could put Ba-El in unexpected, terrible danger.
5. Campaign Outline: "At War with the Abyss!" (90)