|Pathfinder Adventure Path #101:|
The Kintargo Contract
|Author(s)||Jim Groves et al.|
|Released||January 27, 2016|
|Type||Adventure Path issue|
|Series||Pathfinder Adventure Path #101|
Hell's Rebels 5 of 6
|Follows||A Song of Silver|
|Precedes||Breaking the Bones of Hell|
|Artwork from The Kintargo Contract|
The Kintargo Contract, an adventure by Jim Groves with supporting articles by F. Wesley Schneider, Robert Brookes, Kalervo Oikarinen, David N. Ross, and Amber Stewart and fiction by Stephanie Lorée, was released on January 27, 2016.
|“||Devil in the DetailsThe Silver Ravens have defeated Paracount Barzillai Thrune and liberated Kintargo, but unless steps are taken to protect what they've won, it's only a matter of time before Cheliax's rulers respond with open war—one that could likely destroy the Silver City. The key to the city's last defense may lie hidden in a sprawling scroll recovered from the wicked inquisitor: the Kintargo Contract. Within this contract's clauses and stipulations lurks a cunning loophole that gives the heroes an opportunity to use Cheliax's own love of law against it, not only securing the city, but also freeing the surrounding region from the infernal machinations of House Thrune and the Church of Asmodeus. Yet as the heroes scramble to parse the contract and Kintargo reels from its recent upheavals, an old menace from the city's past strikes. Before Kintargo can be truly safe, the Silver Ravens must save the city from a monster of its own making!
This volume of Pathfinder Adventure Path continues the Hell's Rebels Adventure Path and includes:
Foreword: "Rebuilding Kintargo" by James Jacobs (2)
- Paizo Creative Directory James Jacobs discusses ways the PCs can rebuild Kintargo after the climax of A Song of Silver, and tracks the location of a missing heart.
"The Kintargo Contract" by Jim Groves (4)
- The heroes of Kintargo go to Hell to discover a way to free Kintargo from Chelish rule, but must deal with murders, politics, and past enemies not yet vanquished.
"Infernal Contracts" by F. Wesley Schneider (62)
- Descriptions and rules for designing, using, and escaping contracts between devils and mortals, including examples.
"Ecology of the Strix" by Robert Brookes (68)
- An examination of the human-hating strix of Devil's Perch.
- The plague doctor Maharai, her companion Liset, and the mysterious Drayven close in on a fragment of the Poleiheira, a hazard from ancient Jistka, and some uncomfortable truths.
"Next Month" (92)
- Previews of articles from Breaking the Bones of Hell.