A weapon that can be used to stab, or be thrown like a chakram, the starknife is the favored weapon of the church of Desna. It has four double-edged blades protruding from each compass point of the ring, and a handle through its center diameter.
History and use
Depictions of Varisian starknives date back centuries and maintains its cultural ties to Varisia despite its close association with Desna's broad worship. Desnan starknives represent the goddess's home of Cynosure, the North Star.
Starknives are often strapped to a belt, thigh, or forearm, similar to a buckler or dagger. The four blades can be sheathed for extended travel in order to protect them (and the wearer from them).
For additional resources, see the Meta page.
- ↑ James Jacobs and Mike McArtor. (2008). Curse of the Crimson Throne Player's Guide, p. 13. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-087-2
- ↑ F. Wesley Schneider. (2007). Rise of the Runelords Player's Guide, p. 7. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-059-9
- ↑ F. Wesley Schneider. (2007). Rise of the Runelords Player's Guide, p. 11. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-059-9
- ↑ David N. Ross, David Schwartz, and Kaitlyn Sprague. (2014). Ranged Tactics Toolbox, p. 5. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-705-5
- ↑ James Jacobs. (September 24, 2019). Post to >>ASK *JAMES JACOBS* ALL YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!<<, Paizo Forums.