The Songil Sea is a body of water in Golarion's northern hemisphere off the northeastern coast of Tian Xia.
The Songil Sea is part of the Crown of the World, and forms some or all of the coastline of the Forest of Spirits and Minkai.
During much of the year, the northern Songil Sea is covered by an ice shelf known as Thremyr's Shield. Ulaagor Bay, the Gulf of Khorkii, and Aokori Gulf are all part of its expanse.
The Songil Sea is comparatively warm for its northern latitude thanks to a warm current that runs through it from the Okaiyo Ocean to the south. As a result, it is a fertile breeding ground for sea life, making it a popular destination for Erutaki and Minkaian fishermen. Baleen whales come to the Songil Sea to birth their calves, but giant squid and dire sharks also prowl these waters in great numbers.
Various aquatic races inhabit the Songil Sea, most notably a great number of sahuagin, but also grindylows, gutaki, iku-tursos, krakens, sea hags, siyokoys, and tritons. A terrible kraken called Tupta-Wa haunts the Songil Sea, surfacing once every twelve years to terrorize its waters.
For additional resources, see the Meta page.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Jason Nelson. (2011). Crown of the World. The Hungry Storm, p. 70. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-374-3
- ↑ James Jacobs, Dave Gross, Rob McCreary. (2011). Dragon Empires Gazetteer, p. front inside cover. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-379-8
- ↑ Tito Leati. (2011). Minkai. Tide of Honor, p. 65. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-385-9
- ↑ Jason Nelson. (2011). Crown of the World. The Hungry Storm, p. 69. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-374-3
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Adam Daigle, Patrick Renie, F. Wesley Schneider, and James L. Sutter. (2012). Oceans of Golarion. Raiders of the Fever Sea, p. 68. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-409-2
- ↑ Greg A. Vaughan. (2012). Raiders of the Fever Sea. Raiders of the Fever Sea, p. 60–3. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-409-2