In 4713 AR, or AD 1918 in the calendar of the planet Earth, Russia1 is in the grip of a fierce revolutionary period and has recently pulled out of the global struggle on the planet called the Great War. Since AD 1917, due to the Revolution, Russia is now officially called the Russian Soviet Federative Socialist Republic2 having succeeded the Russian Empire ruled by the Tsar Nicholas II, though Russia is still used as a shorthand. Affectionately, Russia is called Mother Russia or the Motherland.34
The Russian Empire was founded in AD 1721 and came to end in AD 1917. It was ruled by an autocrat called a Tsar and its capital was Saint Petersburg for most of that time. The last Tsar was Nicholas II.4
Russian Soviet Federative Socialist Republic
Russia is ruled by the communists under Vladimir Lenin, but the country is not stable and a civil war rages.4
Russia is a vast country: the largest on the planet Earth. It is split into regions and some of these are known, for instance:
Geographical areas known in Russia include:
For additional resources, see the Meta page.
- ↑ In this article about a 'real life' entity, any non-canon material is shown in italics and is provided from Wikipedia. In his Foreword to Rasputin Must Die!, Brandon Hodge states that the Earth portrayed in that adventure 'has to be our world', so we can extrapolate a little to give context in order to aid DMs and complete our infoboxes. Further information may be found by following the link to Wikipedia provided.
- ↑ Paizo uses 'Russian Socialist Federative Soviet Republic'
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Brandon Hodge. (2013). Rasputin Must Die!. Rasputin Must Die!, p. 16. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-496-2
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Adam Daigle and Brandon Hodge. (2013). Guns, Spirits, and Revolution. Rasputin Must Die!, p. 63. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-496-2
- ↑ Brandon Hodge. (2013). Rasputin Must Die!. Rasputin Must Die!, p. 7. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-496-2
- ↑ Greg A. Vaughan. (2013). The Witch Queen's Revenge. The Witch Queen's Revenge, p. 9. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-497-9
- ↑ Brandon Hodge. (2013). Rasputin Must Die!. Rasputin Must Die!, p. 38. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-496-2
- Russian Soviet Federative Socialist Republic (real-world nation) on Wikipedia
- Russian Empire (real-world empire) on Wikipedia