Pathfinder Society Organized Play
- This article is about the real-world organized play campaign for Pathfinder product lines. For the fictional organization, see Pathfinder Society. For the Pathfinder RPG organized play program previously referred to as Pathfinder Society Organized Play, see Pathfinder Society Roleplaying Guild.
Pathfinder Society Organized Play is Paizo's organized play organization, encompassing the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game and Pathfinder Adventure Card Game. Tonya Woldridge serves as the program's global coordinator.
Similar to other shared-world campaigns such as Wizards of the Coast's Living Greyhawk, the Pathfinder Society Roleplaying Guild features two to three modules a month run simultaneously throughout the world. The Pathfinder Society Roleplaying Guild centers on the sprawling city of Absalom, where several factions engage in a shadow war for control of the city's politics and economy. As participants play, the outcome of their adventures, actions, and deeds affect events on a global scale, turning the tide of secret wars between some of Golarion's most powerful factions.
On July 27, 2015, the Pathfinder Society team announced the formation of the Pathfinder Society Roleplaying Guild, which effectively renamed the Pathfinder RPG organized play program previously known as Pathfinder Society Organized Play.1
Pathfinder Second Edition
Pathfinder Society moved to the Pathfinder Second Edition during Gen Con 2019, officially ending 1st Edition play with the scenario Who Speaks for the Ten from its tenth season Season of the Ten and simultaneously beginning Second Edition play with the scenario Origin of the Open Road initiating its first season Year of the Open Road.2
Adventure Card Guild
Paizo announced the Pathfinder Society Adventure Card Guild (PFSACG) in April 2014 and previewed it at PaizoCon 2014. 3
Guild play is part of the Pathfinder Society organized play program and requires a Pathfinder Society registration number.4
- Pathfinder Society Home
- Pathfinder Society Flat Rolling Surfaces, a fan-managed map of Pathfinder Society games by Paizo user BigNorseWolf
- ↑ The Pathfinder Society Team. (July 27, 2015). Guide to the New Season, Paizo Blog.
- ↑ The Pathfinder Society Team. (July 24, 2019). Pathfinder Society's Gen Con 2019 Scenarios, Paizo Blog.
- ↑ Tanis O'Connor. (April 18, 2014). Want More Adventure Card Game? We've Got That., Paizo Blog.
- ↑ Vic Wertz. (May 12, 2014). Comment on "Pathfinder Society Adventure Card Guildlaunches at Gen Con!", Paizo Blog.