Narakaas is an agender psychopomp usher born from the pieces of souls discarded by mortals. The Cleansing Sentence represents the countless choices and sacrifices made during a lifetime, and understands that a broken or repaired thing is no less valuable, but simply different and sometimes even more precious due to its history. Narakaas offers undecided souls a last chance to choose between good and evil, and judges good mortals that committed evil acts due to their beliefs and convictions.12
Although Narakaas accepts pain and the ensuing growth, creatures that revel in pain like velstracs are anathema to them. However, the Cleansing Sentence is an optimistic creature, and has redeemed a few velstracs and taken them into its service.1
Narakaas teaches that even the smallest of changes are something to be celebrated, so many milestones are important to the Cleansing Sentence. Regardless, two holy days do have significant importance amongst its faithful.5
Closing out the year, Narakaas' followers use this time to reflect on the changes they have gone through and lessons they have learned over the past year.5
Paizo published a major article about Narakaas in Ghost King's Rage.
For additional as-yet unincorporated sources about this subject, see the Meta page.
- “Auditors of the Absolute” in Concordance of Rivals, 13. Paizo Inc., 2019 .
- Inner Sea Bestiary, 38. Paizo Inc., 2012 .
- Sometimes spelt "Menagerel" but the most modern, highest tier source consistently uses "Menangerel", so the latter is favoured by PathfinderWiki.
- “Narakaas” in Ghost King's Rage, 72. Paizo Inc., 2022 .
- “Narakaas” in Ghost King's Rage, 71–72. Paizo Inc., 2022 .