|Titles||The Village of Voices|
|Demographics||9,650 humans, 375 elves, 175 halflings, 40 other|
|Ruler||Countess Sasandra Livgrace|
|Leader||Vennel Endronil, Zeffiro Lesiege|
Source: Rule of Fear, pg(s). 44
The city of Karcau (pronounced KAHR-cow) is the only major population center in the land of Sinaria in Ustalav. It is renowned as a shining light of civilisation in a region of dark, dreary wilderness. The city is most famous for the Karcau Opera and has a reputation as a place that both produces musical genius and fosters it, it is this reputation that has lead to Karcau's nickname of the Village of Voices. Karcau is nestled on the banks of Lake Prophyria and its waters cut their way through the city, criss-crossing it in various canals. These canals mirror the situation below the city as Karcau was built atop an underground lake and its foundations are shot through with underwater tunnels creating a mostly submerged labyrinth.
For additional resources, see the Meta page.
- A four panel poster map of Karcau is included in this product: Rob Lazzaretti. (2011). Carrion Crown Poster Map Folio, Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-306-4
- Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 247. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 140–142. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- James Jacobs et al. (2011). The Inner Sea World Guide, p. 190. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-269-2
- John Compton & Mark Moreland. (2013). Pathfinder Society Primer, p. 16. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-534-1
- F. Wesley Schneider. (2011). Rule of Fear, p. 44. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-301-9