|Nation||Lands of the Linnorm Kings|
|Demographics||62,383 humans, 7,212 dwarves, 973 gnomes, 724 halflings, 493 elves, 83 half-elves, 212 other|
|Government||Monarchy (Linnorm King)|
|Ruler||King Thira Ash-Eyes|
|Images of Kalsgard|
Source: Night of Frozen Shadows, pg(s). 63
The city of Kalsgard sits on the southern banks of the Rimeflow River† in the northern reaches of the Lands of the Linnorm Kings known as the Thanelands. It is the biggest city in the Lands of the Linnorm Kings and as such is the most cosmopolitan city for several hundred miles, housing communities of dwarves, gnomes, Varisians and people from even further afield.
Kalsgard was home of the oldest and most powerful of the Linnorm Kings, Sveinn Blood-Eagle, before he made his final journey across the seas to Valenhall in distant Arcadia, as is the tradition amongst the Linnorm Kings, in 4719 AR. He was succeeded by his daughter Thira Ash-Eyes, who claimed his throne in the traditional manner: by slaying a linnorm.
Kalsgard is divided into nine districts, called city quarters:
- Amber Quarter
- Bone Quarter
- Fire Quarter
- Horn Quarter
- Ice Quarter
- Ivory Quarter
- Jade Quarter
- Oak Quarter
- Stone Quarter
Underneath the city is another living area known as the enclave of Undercroft, home to many dwarves.
Across the Rimeflow River, on its northern bank, lies the associated township of Iceferry, where many of the city's gnomes reside.
- See also: Category:Kalsgard/Inhabitants
In addition to the thousands of Ulfen and Varisians, Kalsgard is also home to a sizeable Tian population, as the city is the terminus of one of the branches of the trade route over the Crown of the World to the distant continent of Tian Xia.
For additional resources, see the Meta page.
- ↑ A panoramic image of Kalsgard is printed in People of the North, p. 20
- ↑ Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 92–93. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- ↑ Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 156. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- ↑ Matthew Goodall, Jonathan Keith, Colin McComb, and Rob McCreary. (2011). Lands of the Linnorm Kings, p. 3–5. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-365-1
- ↑ Matthew Goodall, Jonathan Keith, Colin McComb, and Rob McCreary. (2011). Lands of the Linnorm Kings, p. 30–33. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-365-1
- ↑ David Eitelbach, Russ Taylor, JD Wiker, Keri Wiker, and Hank Woon. (2009). Dwarves of Golarion, p. 17f. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-204-3
- ↑ Colin McComb et al. (2010). Gnomes of Golarion, p. 19. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-223-4
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 James Jacobs et al. (2011). The Inner Sea World Guide, p. 103–104. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-269-2
- ↑ Tanya DePass, James Jacobs, Lyz Liddell, et al. (2019). World Guide, p. 113. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-172-6
- ↑ Matthew Goodall. (2011). Kalsgard. Night of Frozen Shadows, p. 66. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-366-8
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Matthew Goodall. (2011). Kalsgard. Night of Frozen Shadows, p. 63. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-366-8