|Titles||Tundra of the Horse Lords|
|Government||Khanate of loosely affiliated tribes|
|Languages||Hon-La, Minkaian, Senzar, Tien|
|Religions||Abadar, Desna, General Susumu, Irori, Kofusachi, Yamatsumi|
|Images of Hongal|
Source: Dragon Empires Gazetteer, pg(s). 25
Hongal is the northernmost realm on the continent of Tian Xia. It is one of two main homes to the Tian-La people, who lead a semi-nomadic existence quite different from their more sedentary cousins to the south. Hongal is also one terminus of the dangerous Path of Aganhei, which heads north over the Crown of the World, ending in northern Avistan.
Trade and outsiders
While Hongal is known for its two highly valuable trade routes (the Path of Aganhei that connects Tian Xia to Avistan, and the Spirit Road), the people of Hongal see them more as necessary evils, as they do not enjoy outsiders. Foreigners are fine as long as they travel along those roads, spend their coins, and keep moving onward, but anyone who strays too far from either of the two trade routes will find themselves attracting the wrong kind of attention.
Ordu-Aganhei is technically the capital of Hongal, though the ruler of Hongal spends little time there. Instead, the nation's khan also rules the nation's most powerful nomadic tribe, and wanders with them as the greatest horseback riding tribe. Traditionally, the ruler of Ordu-Aganhei is one of the khan of Hongal's brothers.
For additional resources, see the Meta page.
- Tim Hitchcock and Colin McComb. (2011). Dragon Empires Primer, p. 11. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-386-6
- Benjamin Bruck, et al. (2015). Inner Sea Races, p. 50. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-722-2
- James Jacobs et al. (2011). The Inner Sea World Guide, p. 20. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-269-2
- James Jacobs et al. (2011). The Inner Sea World Guide, p. 207. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-269-2
- James Jacobs, Dave Gross, Rob McCreary. (2011). Dragon Empires Gazetteer, p. 25. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-379-8
- John Compton, et al. (2018). Merchant's Manifest, p. 23. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-026-2
- Logan Bonner, et al. (2021). Bestiary 3 (Second Edition), p. 183. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-312-6