- This article is about the construct type. Golems, like robots and clockworks, have been generically described as "automatons" but are otherwise dissimilar from the specific automaton construct subtype.
A golem is a magically created construct most often animated by infusing a lifeless form with an elemental spirit, generally an earth elemental. A golem is mindless and serves at its creator's command; creators of golems are known as golemwrights.
|This page is a stub. You can help us by .|
There are many types of golem that can be created by skilled golemwrights, including the following selected examples.
- Brass golem: these gigantic constructs are found on the Plane of Fire's City of Brass.
- Cannon golem: these jagged metal constructs feature a large, animated mechanical firearm.
- Carrion golem: using inferior body parts from numerous bodies, these reeking golems spread foul diseases.
- Mask golem: built by the followers of Razmir, these creatures are made of hundreds of interlocking masks.
- Palanquin golem: believed to be made only in Osirion, these modified clay golems are used to carry their masters about on gigantic howdahs.
- Panthereon golem: a clay golem variant
- Ro Ap Han, the Portal Golem: created millennia ago by the four Pharaohs of Ascension in Osirion, this unique golem acts as a gateway into and through their Pact Stone Pyramid.
- Shield guardian: these constructs are built as bodyguards by wizards and other spell casters.
- Soul-fed golem: animated by the powers of soul gems, these constructs are animated corpses that feed on the souls of mortals.
- Tallow golem: made of the melted wax of funerary candles, these golems are animated by powerful magic.
For additional resources, see the Meta page.
- Jason Bulmahn. (2009). Bestiary (First Edition), p. 158. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-183-1
- Brian Duckwitz, Philip Minchin, and Jason Nelson. (2015). Cohorts and Companions, p. 12. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-734-5
- Rob McCreary. (2009). The Final Wish. The Final Wish, p. 84–85. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-185-5
- Jesse Benner et al. (2011). Bestiary 3 (First Edition), p. 135. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-378-1
- Nicolas Logue. (2008). Edge of Anarchy. Edge of Anarchy, p. 78–79. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-088-9
- Jason Bulmahn. (2009). Masks of the Living God, p. 30–31. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-207-4
- Michael Kortes. (2008). The Pact Stone Pyramid, p. 9. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-145-9
- Michael Kortes, David Schwartz, and Larry Wilhelm. (2014). Bestiary. Secrets of the Sphinx, p. 88. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-590-7
- Michael Kortes. (2008). The Pact Stone Pyramid, p. 11–13. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-145-9
- Colin McComb. (2009). Beyond the Vault of Souls, p. 14–15. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-174-9
- Tim Hitchcock. (2008). Hungry Are the Dead, p. 22–23. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-120-6