|Images of frost giants|
Source: Pathfinder Bestiary, pg(s). 149
Frost giants are a generally evil race of massive humanoids with white or blue-tinged skin, and stand close to 15 feet in height, weighing roughly 2,800 pounds. As they are impervious to cold, they tend to frequent Avistan's northern latitudes. They are particularly common in the witch realm of Irrisen and near the Crown of the World.
Frost giants are among the most feared of the giants, as they are highly aggressive, prone to blood-lust, and very fond of raiding. They prefer attacking from surprise, and are quite adept at blending into their snowy environment. They prefer launching small boulders at their targets until they run out of ammunition, then switch to their massive greataxes.
Habitat and society
These giants live almost entirely by raiding and hunting. Roughly half of their population lives in small nomadic bands or tribes, while the rest settle down in abandoned castles or caves. They are known to often ally with fearsome winter wolves and, though they tend to dominate such alliances, frost giants must be careful not to antagonise their lupine allies as they have been known to tear giants that upset them limb from limb.
For additional resources, see the Meta page.
- Jason Bulmahn. (2009). Bestiary (First Edition), p. 149. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-183-1
- Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 81. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- Erik Mona et al. (2008). Campaign Setting, p. 156. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-112-1
- Russ Taylor. (2013). Ecology of the Winter Wolf. The Shackled Hut, p. 73. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-493-1
- Greg A. Vaughan. (2010). The Witchwar Legacy, p. 28. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-279-1