|Adjective||Vulpine, foxlike, foxy|
|Images of foxes|
Source: Reign of Winter Player's Guide, pg(s). 10
Fading foxes are a breed of fox originating from Taldor. They were bred by the nobility to provide particularly challenging quarries and are known for both their extreme cunning and their ability to alter the color of their pelts to blend in with their surroundings. However, these qualities have also made them very problematic pests for Taldor's peasantry.
Firefoot fennecs are closely related to foxes, but are smaller and have individual coloring.
Relations with other creatures
Some hunt foxes for their fur, which is then traded widely. Fox fur is one of the many types of fur traded around the Shining Sea where fur trading is the largest industry. Furs are locally used for clothing and even shelter. The finest pelts, especially those of white foxes, get shipped to the more profitable markets of the south.
Although kitsune are shapeshifters, their base form is that of a vulpine humanoid, with a fox-like head, human-like hands that end in claws, and a large, bushy tail. They look very similar to vulpinal agathions, although the latter are smaller and with even more fox-like features than the kitsune. Other races with vulpine features include huldras, pipefoxes, and flying foxes, a species of large bat. Ember foxes are fire elementals that resemble foxes.
- Jesse Benner et al. (2011). Bestiary 3 (First Edition), p. 112. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-378-1
- Amanda Hamon, Philip Minchin, Jason Nelson, et al. (2013). Animal Archive, p. 5. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-487-7
- Adam Daigle. (2013). Reign of Winter Player's Guide, p. 10. Paizo Publishing, LLC.
- Mark Moreland. (2017). Taldor, the First Empire, p. 60. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-999-8
- Amanda Hamon, Philip Minchin, Jason Nelson, et al. (2013). Animal Archive, p. 17. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-487-7
- Wolfgang Baur et al. (2010). Bestiary 2 (First Edition), p. 49. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-268-5
- Amber E. Scott and Mark Seifter. (2017). Aquatic Adventures, p. 32. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-944-8
- Jason Bulmahn et al. (2012). Advanced Race Guide, p. 192. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-390-3
- Wolfgang Baur et al. (2010). Bestiary 2 (First Edition), p. 22. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-268-5
- Dennis Baker et al. (2013). Bestiary 4, p. 151. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-575-4
- Dennis Baker et al. (2013). Bestiary 4, p. 215. Paizo Publishing, LLC. ISBN 978-1-60125-575-4
- Dennis Baker et al. (2015). Bestiary 5, p. 112. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-60125-792-5
- Logan Bonner, Jason Bulmahn, Stephen Radney-MacFarland, Mark Seifter, et al. (2020). Bestiary 2 (Second Edition), p. 110. Paizo Inc. ISBN 978-1-64078-223-5